# # POST TITLE HERE

My Weekly Nutrition and Training Plan

June 25, 2014


The below nutrition plan is what I eat Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday during the day I still eat clean but will eat whatever is left over or what I have around my apartment. Two nights a week I have "treat" meals - whatever I choose. They are usually Saturday and Sunday night, but it does vary. I switch up my eating every week. I plan the week before what I want to have for meals, make the grocery list, and prep the food on Sunday's. A lot of times people will ask me if I get bored eating the same thing everyday. The answer is no. It is only 5 days a week that I eat the same thing. I eat to live - not live to eat. It took me a long time to come to that.  I also do this to save money. I live alone so I can't really cook tons of different things during the week because it's too expensive and will go bad. There are also ways you can switch up your eating day to day. Like my Quest Bars for instance; I eat a different flavor everyday, same with my yogurt. You can read here for meal prep ideas!

Total down (since 11/25/13):  55 pounds!

Meal 1 (7:15 AM)
1 egg, 1 egg white, spinach, and low fat cottage cheese all scrambled together, with a side of organic whole grain bread (the deli in my grocery store makes this fresh - it is so delicious).


Meal 2 (4 10:30 AM)


Meal 3 (1:15 PM)
4 oz. chicken breast cooked via stove top with Carolina Blackened seasoning, roasted zucchini (diced and cooked in the oven with extra virgin olive oil and garlic and wine seasoning), and a side of organic whole grain bread. 



Meal 4 (3:45 PM) 
1/4 cup of plain grits with 4 ingredient, organic turkey bacon


Gym 4:30-6PM

Meal 5 (6:30 PM) [Post workout]
1 scoop of smore's protein powder with 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and a 100 calorie pack of nuts.


Meal 6 (9 PM)
Homemade turkey meat loaf, roasted zucchini (diced and cooked in the oven with extra virgin olive oil and garlic and wine seasoning), and a side of organic whole grain bread.


Bed time 11PM
-------------------------------
Sunday: (Rest)

Monday: (Weight Circuit + squats) - done!
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (80 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-Back Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

Tuesday: (Core) - Missed.
Bad, bad day. I missed my workout and my derailed off my food plan some. It was a very defeated feeling day.

Wednesday: (Weights)
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (80 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

Thursday: (Core)
-20 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 3 minutes at 3.2 speed and 12 incline and rest 2 minutes at 3.4 speed and 0 incline. No holding onto the tredmill at all)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9/10, Resistance 10)
- 3 sets of 45 second planks
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-10 minutes cardio: StairMill (5 minutes at 80 SPM and 5 minutes at 60 SPM. No holding onto machine)
.
Friday: (Weight Circuit + squats)
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (80 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-Back Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

Saturday: (Hiking)
10 miles of hiking at Crowder's Mountain


Try Quest Protein Bars!

19 comments

  1. I can't decide if I want the s'mores protein or the Cor-fetti protein next - I've had both and they're so good! Totally feel you with the getting off track - it sucks! We're spending the weekend at a baseball game and indulgent dinner and I'm already having to plan hotel workouts, haha. This getting healthy thing is a pain sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That s'mores protein sound yumm. going to have to look for it. And don't dwell to much about Tuesday you got right back on it and kept going not letting it derail your whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl that chicken looks so good!!!! love me some grits too but i like cheese on top hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! The S'mores Protein sounds so good! How is it? I just bought a new canister of Banana Creme so I may just have to try that one next! As always your meal plan looks delish! I can't wait for the pancake recipe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I crave grits every time I read this LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read an article bout the protein in Quest bars - how bad it is for you... check that label! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send it to me if you can - I can't find it. Who wrote the article? I have a hard time believing that, especially since I have never heard anything about it and I researched a lot on them a while back and have been eating them for a long time.

      Delete
    2. http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/12/30/are-quest-bars-really-as-nutritious-as-claimed/

      Delete
    3. I mean you can look at it and tell it's a super processed :) I'm not that surprised.

      Delete
    4. I wanted to include this comment here so other people could read this in case one was concerned about Quest Bars:

      The protein in the bars are whey and isolate, that is the exact same protein that is in 90% of the protein powder, smoothies, and bars on the market. No protein bars (that I know of) contain meat or beans which are basically the only "natural" sources of protein. Also, a lot of food company's and restaurants use the exact same protein substitute in their foods instead of 100% meat because it's cheaper. Fast food is processed, frozen meals are processed - unless you eat 100% whole foods, 100% of the time, this is not a big deal. Quest Bars are one of the best protein bars on the market because that are not loaded with sugar like most other brands (I researched this extensively about a year ago and most protein bars I found were actually worse than candy bars) are and they have a substantial amount of protein, plus the sugar substitution is Stevia which is natural. If you read majority of the comments on the post, people disagree. The article is incredible flawed.

      When I was obtaining my PT certification years ago and then my nutrition classes in college, I learned about the different kinds of "processed" proteins and whey especially isn't that bad for you unless you have an intolerance for milk. It is fast digesting and essential post work to replenish your body and muscles and satisfy hunger.

      Delete
  7. That chicken looks delicious! I've been slacking in the healthy eating department, but I'm determined to get back on track. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo how is the smores protein powder?! I have to know!!!

    Girl, I was horrible last weekend. I have GOT to get my eating under control again. I am going to channel my inner Liz and do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awee love!! Hope everything is going well with you!
    How is that new protein powder??
    Love youuuu

    ReplyDelete
  10. every week i say that i'm going to pre-plan my meals and meal prep for the week. and every week i fail ugh. i need to get on the ball and be as organized as you. the breakfast looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so good! Protein shake and nuts are a big go to for me too! How are you doing with the bread? It tends to bloat me if I eat it any later than breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you freeze all your meals for the week? Do the protein battered muffins keep all week. I really want to try those. I just was curious how to store them. I think sometimes I let cooking a bunch of meals up intimidate me. LOL

    Leslie
    www.weight4baby.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the food options. Im eating clean (and on a cleanse) so some of these options I can definitely try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Thanks so much for sharing this!! It is just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I saw that you hiked Crowders Mtn. Where are you? I live right near Crowders!

      Delete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com