# # POST TITLE HERE

My Fun Girl's Weekend Recap!

June 22, 2014

It has been a really fun, nonstop weekend! I have talked about how busy work has been and the long hours I have been working, and the weekend was just the same, ha! There is no rest for the wicked... except for this upcoming one! I can't wait. 

My mom and sister-in-law arrived at my apartment around 3:30 PM on Friday. I was still working and then hit the gym for leg day! Friday's are my hard leg workouts so I couldn't miss it. I pushed hard and it felt great. 


After the gym I met my crazy girls at home so I could get ready. We then went to one of my favorite restaurants "Cantina 1511". Mama and Amber love Mexican food, so I wanted to show them my favorite spot that is authentic and fresh. We enjoyed our dinner and cocktails on the patio while a man sang and played the acoustic guitar. You can't beat that! I ordered my strawberry and mint Mojito, mom had Sangria, and Amber had a passion fruit Margarita. Mom of course had to get a shot of Fireball whiskey. I have created a monster, y'all. Homegirl loves her whiskey now. After dinner, we went to see "22 Jumpstreet". That movie was absolutely hilarious. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. It is a must see!




Saturday morning we slept in then spent the day shopping. Mama and Amber wanted to get some sexy new clothes for an evening out. With Mama being single and ready to mingle, we have to keep her looking good. We went a ton of places and had a lot of fun. I scored a cute new pair of heels, a strapless dress, and S'MORES FLAVORED protein powder! Yum! 



When we got back to the apartment after shopping, Amber and I were going to lay out by the pool for a while. However, it started to storm (of course). So she and my mom made a pizza and I took off to the gym! I did 45 minutes of cardio -- 25 on the StairMill and 20 on the Elliptical. I was so proud that I went - especially since it was a rest day. I did not want to be around pizza!  

We then took showers and got glam for another evening out. I wore my new sexy Corset top from Venus and I was ready to be a man-eater, ha! Kidding. I got cute pictures of mom and Amber, but they were not reciprocating. The pictures they took were hilarious. We could not get it right. 





Once we were ready, we went and ate Asian for dinner then took off to a local bar, "Bradshaw's Social House" for drinks and to mingle. I sipped on the best drink. I LOVED IT! It was Skinny girl cucumber vodka, club soda water, and fresh cucumbers. That may sound weird to some, but it was so light and refreshing. If and when I drink this summer, that will be my go-to drink. I HATE drinks that are made with syrup that is loaded with sugar, so this is a great alternative without a ton of calories and sugar. My mantra is all about balance. I say go out and enjoy yourself, but keep it as healthy and you can. Those little victories completely add up.



This morning mama and Amber left around 11. As soon as they walked out of the door, I got right to work. It was such  a productive day! I did 3 loads of laundry - including all of my sheets and bedding. I then went to Target and Earthfare for this weeks groceries. 

When I arrived back home, before I got to cleaning and food prep I tried out a new recipe. Last night, my best friend Anna asked me to try and create a cleaner version of "Cake Batter Pancakes". I loved the idea so last night at 2 AM when I was in bed, I was putting a list together of ingredients, comparing calories, and just being the little food scientist I am sometimes, ha! I think I developed it so I went and got the ingredients  today while doing my regular shopping. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner! I will be sharing the recipe Thursday.


Once my trial of cake batter pancakes were finished, I got knee deep into cleaning and food prep. Unfortunately I will have to go out and buy more chicken tomorrow, I did not realize how little I had left (oops!). I then got in a 40 minute plyometric full body workout -- my hot mess express!


Now I am off to soak in a bubble bath then cuddle on the couch to watch the rest of the last season of "True Blood" and then the new season starts 9! I am SO freaking excited but also really, really sad. True Blood is my absolute favorite show of all time. I have read and own all of the Sookie Stackhouse books AND all seasons of "True Blood". That show is literally my favorite of all time. I feel such a connection to Sookie and people tell me all of the time I look like her - I even have the gap in my teeth like she does. It breaks my heart to see this ending. Oh well, at least I will always have the books to read and seasons to watch.


I hope everyone has a fantastic week. I am ready to kick it in high gear, burn some fat, and work over this plateau. I was able to play a lot and let loose this weekend so now it's time be focused!

Try Quest Protein Bars!

28 comments

  1. I swear I wish I could meal plan and prep. Why am I so awful at it? I need to watch some YouTube videos or something.

    Katreena

    Www.sugarspiceeverythinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, your arms are looking really good! :D I wish you lived by me so you could drag me to the gym with you. I'm a tough bitch. I once had a friend try to drag me and I ended up just sitting on a bike machine watching TV. ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you determine which protein powder to buy? I'm trying to lose weight/get rid of fat/build muscle. I've been trying to clean up my eating and I've been doing crossfit for about a month and a half now. Any suggestions? Also, what does glutamine do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try different types of protein flavors and brands. I just look online, look at the nutrient label, and read the reviews. I usually on buy whey because it's fast digesting. Glutamine is a branched chained amino acid that repairs your muscles after training! If you're wanting to lose fat and build muscle, the biggest things I can tell you are to eat clean, allow yourself 1-2 cheat meals a week, and make sure you make your exercise priority and push yourself during every session. Don't let it be easy. Stay organized- plan your meals, make your lists, prep your food. Pack your gym clothes the night before and leave your bag beside the door so you never forget it. Above all of that, just remember this takes consistency. Depending on your goals, it can take months and months to see the results you want. I've been doing this for 7 months straight and still have about 5 month to go until I'm at my goal. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Looking hot mama! Im really going to attempt to get back in a gym mojo this week. Lord knows I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that corset top! You looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like another fabulous weekend! Light and refreshing drinks have always been my favorite. Drinking usually makes me tired, so having them refreshing like that keeps me perked up ha ha. Can't wait to see the pancake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you looked great this weekend, and i am so excited for your pancake recipe, they look and sound amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekends always look the best!! Glad you got to spend some time with mommy & SIL! I hope you have an amazing week too!! Love youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) Where did you get the s'more flavored protein powder? I need to see if they sell that brand in any of the stores by me. Because that sounds delicious!
    And I'm almost out of my protein powder. So.. TIME TO BUY MORE!

    Those protein brownies of yours.. are delicious by the way. Big hit in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute shoes!!! And...a sexy sweaty gym selfie if I do say so myself! I need to chat with you about your workout routine. I want to start one and have no idea where to even begin. I usually am just a cardio girl! Email me!! Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shoes!! Looks like you had an awesome and productive weekend. P.S. I can not wait for the pancake recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun weekend! Those drinks look so good and can't wait for that recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun weekend! I loved 21 Jump Street so I can't wait to see the 2nd one!!!

    I am going to need to hear how the Smores protein powder is!! Yum!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like such a fun weekend!!! Good for you for getting your workouts in and sweating like a whore in church and yet your face still looks gorgeous! How do you manage that? haaaa. Great shoes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Youre weekend was busier than my whole week has been. I dont even know where to start commenting haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look so pretty when you work out! your meal prep pictures make me very jealous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your weekend is always so busy and productive!

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing you so happy! This blog was awesome. I am coming to Charlotte sometime soon so pen me in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard some days, but I'm definitely trying babe. And yes! I can't wait for you to come!!!

      Delete
  19. Your corset top is adorable :)
    I never did watch True Blood because we don't have HBO - but I just found it online somewhere else so I need to jump on that bandwagon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those shoes are adorable! Looks like a great weekend!!! Smore flavored protein?! YummmM!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That corset is sooo cute! Your weekend with the girls sounds really fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Give me those shoes! And cannot wait for these PB pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. AHHHH i didn't know you liked true blood, and you read the books?!! did you like the last one?! we need to talk about this! i freaking LOVE true blood and the books. haha! anywho. girl you look amazeballs in all of these photos, that top is freaking hot! also those shoes, i need. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you had an amazing weekend!! Your new heels are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you had a great visit. Those wedges are so cute! I love True Blood can't believe it's ending. So sad. You are looking so good girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com