# # POST TITLE HERE

Clean, Protein Sweet Potato Pie!

June 5, 2014



Sweet potatoes are a staple for a lot of people when trying to lose weight. All of my friends who compete eat them during prep as they are a great source of complex carbohydrates, and they taste great. However, sometimes I get so tired of eating them. Thus I have been contemplating a different and fun way to consume them. This lead me to "clean, protein sweet potato pie". What I like about this recipe the most is; it is packed with with protein, a good amount of fiber and complex carbohydrates. This pie can be used a complete meal! Whether you want a healthy way to give into a sweet craving, or a nutritious meal to prep and go, this will be a great choice.

  • 3-4 small to medium sized sweet potatoes 
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 2 tablespoons of liquid Stevia OR 4 packs of Stevia
  • 1 scoop of protein powder of choice (vanilla works best)
  • Dash of ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon of organic whipped butter (healthier option of butters on the market)
  • Optional: low fat graham cracker crust
What you do:
  • Cut potatoes in half and boil until soft OR wrap potatoes in plastic wrap and microwave until soft (15-30 minutes)
  • When potatoes are close to finished, preheat over to 350 degrees
  • Once potatoes are soft, place in strainer to remove excess water
  • Place potatoes in large bowl and add all remaining ingredients 
  • Blend all ingredients with a mixer until well-blended. I use the lowest speed setting. Mixture will be thick. *I use a small mixer. If you do not have one, you could try mixing with a spoon or placing in a large blender.
  • Pour blended mixture into pie crust. If you are not using crust, pour in a pie pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
  • Remove from oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!

Nutrition information
This will vary based on ingredient variations and brands used. This is to be used a guide only.

  • Serving size: 1 slice. Servings per pie: 6
  • Calories: 250
  • Fat: 1g
  • Carbohydrates: 46g
  • Fiber: 5g
  • Sugar: 16g
  • Protein: 10g
  • If you make this without the crust:
  • Calories: 125
  • Fat: 1g
  • Carbohydrates: 27g
  • Fiber: 5g
  • Sugar: 8g
  • Protein: 10g


Try Quest Protein Bars!

14 comments

  1. I like sweet potatoes, not a fan of sweet potato pie though. But I am super impressed with all of your creative recipes!! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks good. This will be an option for a breakfast in the next upcoming weeks.

    Hey. I started my own link up. Come check it out.. if you want to!

    Trying to keep this healthy lifestyle positivity train going!

    http://katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com/2014/06/im-twit-and-proud-of-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah i wish i liked sweet potatoes this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I love sweet potatoes so I may try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum!! i would definitely make this without the crust. then its gluten free, yay! love sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found our blog through Val over at Fabulous Chicks Get Fit! And I AM IN LOVE!!! Thank you for being so specific with your week to week meals and workouts. I will definitely be taking some ideas from your blog! I cant wait to see your coconut flour recipe for pizza crust! Keep up your AWESOME work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your recipes, they always look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love sweet potatoes! This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks good but I hate sweet potatoes bummer

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm looks yummy! My husband and I both love sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in LOVE with this recipe! I am having breast reduction surgery next week and I love to eat sweet potatoes when I know I need some carbs with my meds! This will be perfect! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I eat A LOT of sweet potatoes, im always looking for new ways to cook them. Sounds fabulous to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS look soooo good!!! I will def have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saving this for Thanksgiving next month! it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com