# # POST TITLE HERE

Clean Cake Batter Pancakes!

June 26, 2014


I received a special request from one of my best friends over the weekend to create a cleaner version of "cake batter" pancakes. I thought this sounded delicious so I immediately got to work. It was fairly simple to create, however, it is easy to mess up the taste. It was hard to keep the calorie count and carbohydrate count low because this recipe is two delicious, sweet things -- cake and pancakes. I made it work though!

A few things:
- I did not add protein powder to this, it made it too grainy. I would recommend having egg whites or lean turkey as a side for protein.
- I know I have seen low sugar cake mix on the market, I would opt for that if you can.
- The calorie count is a little higher than I would like it to be, however, the serving size is 3 pancakes and for 275 calories with 10g of protein, that isn't too bad.
- The recipe does not have that overly sweet, fake taste. That is what I enjoyed most.
- I did not add a glaze like you may see on other "cake batter pancake" recipes. It adds unnecessary calories and sugar; the pancakes are sweet enough. 
- If you want something "wet" on top, I would recommend a sugar free jam or fat and sugar free cool whip.


What you need:
   - 1/2 cup of oats
   - 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
   - Dash of sugar and fat free pudding mix (for thickness)
   - 1 tablespoon of liquid Stevia or two packets of Stevia
   - 1 egg
   - 1 tablespoon of cake mix
   - 1 teaspoon of baking powder
   - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
   -1 tablespoon organic/sugar free sprinkles of choice [found at most health food grocers]

What you do:
   - Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until you have creamy, well blended batter
   - Coat skillet with nonstick spray
  - Cook via stovetop as you would a regular pancake. I kept the heat on 5-6 and it took about 8-9 minutes.


Nutrition Facts
This vary based upon different ingredents, specific brands, and portions used. This is to be used as a guide only
Serving size: 3 pancakes
Servings per mixture: 1
   -Calories: 275
   -Fat: 3g
   -Carbohydrates: 46g
   -Sugar: 10g
   -Fiber: 6g
   -Protein: 10g

Try Quest Protein Bars!

17 comments

  1. They seem like they would be sweet? are they? Another great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good. Maybe for a special occasion or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancakes sound good and I like the idea of leaving the frosting/icing off. Especially where it's already sweet.

    I found a sugar free/calorie free syrup by Walden Farms and it is kinda delicious! Actually, it is one of my favorite sugar free/calorie free things. I have noticed the other stuff tastes fake and even gross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh these look delish, but more importantly, my not so sneaky self sees oats and quinoa? another fun thing from target for me to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for joining us at the Be.You.Tiful Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting for this! I am sooooo making these this weekend...I actually am craving them at this exact moment to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my these look heavenly, I need to get some of that liquid stevia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodness gracious. I'd wake up happy for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...these look yummy!!!! I always get in a breakfast rut and make the same stuff over and over again. This would be a great change up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sound so good and I like that you used pudding mix as a thickener! Very cute with the sprinkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look delicious!! Dessert for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG. I think i died and went to heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look so yummy! I have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look awesome!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks good! And this is something my son could eat. Klay and I love all of your protein recipes... the brownies, the cookies... yada yada... but with the Protein Powder in it, Emry can't eat them. Soy intolerance! Lucky kid *SARCASM*.

    We made your protein cookies.. and they turned out fantabulous.

    http://katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com/2014/06/monday-recap-from-last-err-thursday.html

    Been gone since last week... between my own pain/issues.. Emry got hurt... broken fingers. SIGHS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com