# # POST TITLE HERE

My Weekly Nutrition and Training Plan

June 11, 2014


The below nutrition plan is what I eat Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday during the day I still eat clean but will eat whatever is left over or what I have around my apartment. Two nights a week I have "treat" meals - whatever I choose. They are usually Saturday and Sunday night, but it does vary. I switch up my eating every week. I plan the week before what I want to have for meals, make the grocery list, and prep the food on Sunday's. A lot of times people will ask me if I get bored eating the same thing everyday. The answer is no. It is only 5 days a week that I eat the same thing. I eat to live - not live to eat. It took me a long time to come to that.  I also do this to save money. I live alone so I can't really cook tons of different things during the week because it's too expensive and will go bad. There are also ways you can switch up your eating day to day. Like my Quest Bars for instance; I eat a different flavor everyday, same with my yogurt. You can read here for meal prep ideas!

Total down (since 11/25/13):  55 pounds!

Meal 1 (7:15 AM)


Meal 2 (4 10:30 AM)


Meal 3 (1:15 PM)



Meal 4 (3:45 PM) 
1/4 cup of plain grits with 2 tablespoons of turkey bacon pieces


Gym 4:30-6PM

Meal 5 (6:30 PM) [Post workout]
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese with one tablespoon of dark chocolate morsels, and fresh fruit.


Meal 6 (9 PM)
4 oz of chicken breast cooked via stove top with Carolina Blackened seasoning after marinating in fat free Italian dressing with a side of sweet potato fries and fresh asparagus. 


Bed time 11PM
-------------------------------
Sunday: (Weights) - done!
-25 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline: 12, Resistance, 10)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-10 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)

Monday: (Core) - done!
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (80 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-20 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)


Tuesday: (Weights) - done!
-25 minutes of cardio: StairMill (80 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-Back Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
-10 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

Wednesday: (Core)
-10 minutes cardio: StairMill (5 minutes at 80 SPM and 5 minutes at 60 SPM. No holding onto machine)
-15 minutes of cardio (Elliptical: Incline 9/10, Resistance 10)
- 3 sets of 45 second planks
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-15 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 3 minutes at 3.2 speed and 12 incline and rest 2 minutes at 3.4 speed and 0 incline. No holding onto the tredmill at all)

Thursday: (Core)
-20 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 3 minutes at 3.2 speed and 12 incline and rest 2 minutes at 3.4 speed and 0 incline. No holding onto the tredmill at all)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9/10, Resistance 10)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-10 minutes cardio: StairMill (5 minutes at 80 SPM and 5 minutes at 60 SPM. No holding onto machine)
.
Friday: (Legs)
-20 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline is switched between 1, 9, and 20. Resistance is switched between 9 and 10)
-Leg Workout:
   -Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
   - Leg Extension (3 x 15, 50 pounds)
   - Leg Curl (3 x 15, 110 pounds)
   - Leg Press (3 x 10, 270 pounds)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline, 9/12 and Resistance, 9)
-Hard, long Stretch

Saturday: (Weights)
-25 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline: 12, Resistance, 10)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)

Sunday: (Rest)


Try Quest Protein Bars!

23 comments

  1. Protein Cereal.. WHAT AN AMAZING IDEA!
    Oh - check your stores for this brand of cereal : Mom's BEST cereal. It comes in an organic looking Brown Box. It's low in sugar, and has ingredients you can actually pronounce! And it's childhood favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will absolutely be looking out of that. I admittedly really enjoy cereal so the more low sugar options I can find, the better.

      Delete
  2. I love the way you structure and plan your meals. Meal planning is something I would like to get more consistent with. I like that you really focus on 5 days a week. I think that would be really help me to focus on meal planning for 5 days as opposed to the entire week.

    Leslie
    www.weight4baby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That is how I feel. 7 days is too much and the stuff goes bad, plus I have more free time on the weekends to kind of cook something healthy that I want. I have a blog entry under "clean recipes" that helps with food prep. XO

      Delete
  3. I always meal plan our dinners, but I've decided next week I'm going to write down and pre-plan my snacks and other meals too, I feel like it'd definitely help me out! Also, my bootcamp instructors have both left now, I LOVED their classes and their way of teaching, so I'm pretty bummed. Time to find a new routine- Dustin and I are also going to try to pre-plan our daily gym workouts next week too. So, I am going to be hitting up your blog for more inspiration for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl your workouts are always so fierce!!! So proud of you! And I love me some sweet potato fries--gah, now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eating cereal this week for the first time in months. I really missed it!

    Those sweet potato fries look yummy! I need to make some again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking through this makes me think that I should really mix up what I eat. I find myself eating the same things pretty much all the time. I like the sound of that protein cereal, although I don't like banana, so I'd have to substitute that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh always love seeing other people's weekly eats and workouts! Always provides great inspiration--like that protein cereal idea. Thanks for joining the #wowlinkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet tater fries and the cereal looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! Your meals look so delicious. I might have to recreate some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cereal looks so good! Love the protein mixed in and that it's low in sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you take the time to do this! The food looks great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the dedication and motivation you have! I wish I could do what you do. I try to eat clean as possible but it's tough especially when I want to transition to a plant-based diet. My goal is to get abs but it's hard! I don't do any weight lifting right now. I just run. Which seems to be the easiest to do to maintain the weight I want to be in.... Hopefully soon, I'll incorporate weight lifting to my exercise routine soon..

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI, I just hopped by from #wowlinkup Workout Wednesdays to read your weekly nutrition and training plan and I am super-impressed. Thanks for sharing your journey. It is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What type of cereal did you eat? That breakfast looks delish!!! You did good this week with your exercise, keep up the great work. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great organization! I'm impressed. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Nothing tastes as good as leftover stew over a bed of grits. You have done an amazing job on your weight loss.

      Delete
  17. Everything looks delicious :) Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  18. everything looks yummy! i really need to start meal planning, but instead i'll just drool over your food. haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com