# # POST TITLE HERE

Clean Protein and Veggie Stir-Fry!

June 17, 2014


I love a good stir-fry. They are filling and have a great variety of flavor and texture. Unfortunately they can be heavy in calories, carbohydrates, and fat. So what better than to come up with a clean version? I actually really, really like this recipe. It's very filling and tastes like you're indulging in something bad. Stir-fry's are a good outlet to get your vegetables in and be creative so alter feel free to alter the recipe to your specific tastes!

  • 1 pound of 99% fat free lean turkey
  • 1 pack of healthy noodles (I use Quinoa noodles purchased from Target)
  • Fresh vegetables of choice (I use mushrooms and asparagus... next time I will add zucchini)
  • Fat Free Italian dressing
  • 2 tablespoons of extra light/virgin olive oil
What you do:
  • Fill cooking pot up with water and bring to a boil
  • Cut and dice vegetables as desired 
  • Break noodles in half and place in boiling water
  • Cook turkey in a nonstick pan until brown
  • Place vegetables in nonstick saute pan and cook with oil olive oil until soft
  • Drain noodles when al dente 
  • Place noodles back in pot
  • Pour in 3/4 cup of fat free Italian dressing into pot
  • Place vegetables and turkey in pot
  • Mix together thoroughly

Enjoy!


Nutrition Information:
This will vary based upon portions, brands and ingredients used. This is to be used as a guide only.
Total Servings: 5
Calories - 250
Fat - 4g
Carbohydrates - 22g
Fiber - 6g
Protein - 21g

Try Quest Protein Bars!

25 comments

  1. Dude, I think I'm going to make this for next week. TOTAL YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello YUM!! this sounds delish for sure I will be making it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love stir fry's, they are definitely a staple in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, I would have never thought of using italian dressing in a stirfry. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Jen! Me either. But when I was thinking of a good substitution as a dressing for the stir fry so it would not be dry, it came to mind. So I used it and it adding a really good zesty taste - it isn't overbearing either!

      Delete
  5. Girl! I've been looking for a healthy stir-fry! Freaking YUM! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that Quinoa noodles even existed. Thank you for a great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great staple for me now, definitely go pick up some!

      Delete
  7. One way I make a sauce is use broth or soy sauce and a little water, once it is hot I add a little corn starch to thicken. It makes a great sauce and is low in calories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate mushrooms, but other than that....this sounds fantastic!! I think I can find something else to sub in for your love of fungus ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good, Im trying the pasta made from brocolli slaw tonight

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so delish!! I need to make this soon! I would've never thought about using Italian dressing in it though! Zucchini & Sugar Snap Peas would be so good in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so good! Thanks for the idea. I love the step by step

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have GOT to find these noodles at my Target; I'm not a fan of brown rice pasta, but could use more fiber and protein than semolina pasta. Have you seen other kinds, like penne? Might have to make this for next week's lunches...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks really good!! I love that the pasta is gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh this sounds really good - I'm thinking it'll be on the menu for lunches next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just recently started using the quinoa noddles, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! I've never seen quinoa noodles! I'll have to be on the lookout for them. I'm a quinoa addict :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks yummy as usual! pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGGGG give me all of this! pinning it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. well that answers my last question, so please ignore haha (about the noodles). i have never really made a stir fry, totally going to try this! thanks girly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com