# # POST TITLE HERE

My Weekly Nutrition and Training Plan + Updates

June 18, 2014


The below nutrition plan is what I eat Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday during the day I still eat clean but will eat whatever is left over or what I have around my apartment. Two nights a week I have "treat" meals - whatever I choose. They are usually Saturday and Sunday night, but it does vary. I switch up my eating every week. I plan the week before what I want to have for meals, make the grocery list, and prep the food on Sunday's. A lot of times people will ask me if I get bored eating the same thing everyday. The answer is no. It is only 5 days a week that I eat the same thing. I eat to live - not live to eat. It took me a long time to come to that.  I also do this to save money. I live alone so I can't really cook tons of different things during the week because it's too expensive and will go bad. There are also ways you can switch up your eating day to day. Like my Quest Bars for instance; I eat a different flavor everyday, same with my yogurt. You can read here for meal prep ideas!

Total down (since 11/25/13):  55 pounds!

I wrote on Friday about how I am hitting my first plateau in the 7 months I have been pushing to lose weight. It happens, it's inevitable. Especially when you have a significant amount to lose - it takes a really long time. I trying to lose 80 pounds total. That is a lot, and I am doing it solely by eating clean and exercising. It's a slow process, one that not a lot people understand, unless you have done it yourself. It's going to take about 10-11 months. I am OK with that because I know I am making it a lifestyle, embedding healthy habits into myself, and because as I am losing the fat, I am adding muscle to help prevent any sagging of the skin. For anyone who thinks I am not making good progress, I don't look that different, or anything like that, I am doing the best I can while working 2 full time jobs that are both immensely demanding, traveling a lot on the weekends, and regular life things, especially that come with living alone. My family is going through a lot, so I have had to take a lot more trips back to my hometown than normal. I have had every reason to give up this new journey I started and I haven't. Nor have I fell off track. I have learned to take pain and negativity and make it fuel me to be better. Regardless, I feel amazing and I look completely different, especially naked. I  gotten have so much stronger, I have become so much more conditioned with working out than I ever thought possible. Plus working out is really fun because I can push my limits so much harder. One positive thing lately; I am SO proud of my arm progress. I am telling you guys, my arms are my biggest trouble spot. I have always said they look way too big for my body. Initially it was like I was adding muscle, but the fat was not going anywhere! It looked awful. Thankfully with patience, heavy lifting, and pushing on, it has really changed. 



Meal 1 (7:15 AM)



Meal 2 (4 10:30 AM)


Meal 3 (1:15 PM)
Clean Spaghetti: 4 oz of quinoa spaghetti noodles with 99% fat free ground turkey, organic tomato sauce, and crumbled low fat feta cheese



Meal 4 (3:45 PM) 
1/4 cup of plain grits with 2 tablespoons of turkey bacon pieces


Gym 4:30-6PM

Meal 5 (6:30 PM) [Post workout]
1 egg white, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of low sugar/high fiber cereal with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk


Meal 6 (9 PM)
4 oz of chicken breast cooked via stove top with Carolina Blackened seasoning after marinating in fat free Italian dressing with a side of sweet potato fries and edamame.


Bed time 11PM
-------------------------------
Sunday: (Rest)

Monday: (Core) - done!
-10 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-20 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)

Tuesday: (Weights) - done!
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (80 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-Back Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

Wednesday: (Core)
-10 minutes cardio: StairMill (5 minutes at 80 SPM and 5 minutes at 60 SPM. No holding onto machine)
-15 minutes of cardio (Elliptical: Incline 9/10, Resistance 10)
- 3 sets of 45 second planks
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-15 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 3 minutes at 3.2 speed and 12 incline and rest 2 minutes at 3.4 speed and 0 incline. No holding onto the tredmill at all)

Thursday: (Weights)
-20 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 3 minutes at 3.2 speed and 12 incline and rest 2 minutes at 3.4 speed and 0 incline. No holding onto the tredmill at all)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9/10, Resistance 10)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-10 minutes cardio: StairMill (5 minutes at 80 SPM and 5 minutes at 60 SPM. No holding onto machine)
.
Friday: (Legs)
-20 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline is switched between 1, 9, and 20. Resistance is switched between 9 and 10)
-Leg Workout:
   -Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
   - Leg Extension (3 x 15, 50 pounds)
   - Leg Curl (3 x 15, 110 pounds)
   - Leg Press (3 x 10, 270 pounds)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline, 9/12 and Resistance, 9)
-Hard, long Stretch

Saturday: (Rest)


Try Quest Protein Bars!

36 comments

  1. your arms look great!!!! I am a new follower and really am enjoying what you have to say. I just want to say: May the hand of God rest on your life as you are on this journey. May your body become everything you desire of it and may you gain truck loads of wisdom as you go. and most importantly may your heart and desire for Jesus never be quenched. blessings my new friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and you look amazing! You are doing such fantastic work and you should be super proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try those protein batter muffins. I love all focused you are in your meal planning. Your pictures show the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never have thought about feta cheese on spaghetti... I MUST try... SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find those noodles!!!! That sounds way better than stupid spaghetti squash!

    Look at your arms girl!! Get it!! That is the thing I am most proud of doing Body Beast...my arms and back have really shown some great improvements!! Now if I could just blast this damn belly fat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great, no need to make excuses, girl! What's your other full time job? I didn't realize you had 2 !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. I was just trying to email you yesterday, but I hate gmail and couldn't find your address so email me when you can. XO

      Delete
  7. Your meals always look AMAZING! If you don't mind my asking, what's the approx. Cal/Carb/Fat/Protein throughout your day (not per meal, just total)? I'm always looking for new combos to incorporate into my meal planning :)

    Keep it up, lady! You're a blast to follow and your progress is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Katie, I am replying back publically instead of email because I think others may want to know as well. For me, right now I am trying to consume 1300-1600 calories a day. For months I am fine with that, but lately, I have to admit, it has been a struggle. I need to incorporate more protein in my meals because I can have more food with less calories, sugar, and carbohydrates. I can eat more, feel fuller, and lose more fat/weight. I do not really count up my grams of fat, I would have to go back in look, but carbs is approximately 80g and protein 100-120g per day.

      Delete
  8. Look at those biceps!! All your hard work is paying off! You certainly have a lot on your plate and kudos to you for staying on track, that is really hard to do. Those protein muffins look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your arms look amazing, I was at the gym the other night when you posted it on IG and I totally worked my arms a little harder, thank you! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All that food looks awesome... come down here and meal prep for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look like sweet potato tots.. to me.. and I think I love you even more. WHAT BRAND ARE THESE AND WHERE DID YOU BUY THEM?

    LOOK AT YO' ARMS CHICKA! You are making tremendous progress.
    You are inspiring, and I am so proud to read about it along your journey.

    Tomorrow is weigh in day, remember, it's TWIT Thursday... come check out how I did.
    Not going to lie.. I'm a little hesitant to weigh in.. but, anything I accomplished this week is an achievement. I feel freaking amazing!

    Keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, all your meals look yummy! I tried out your almond butter banana protein pie, and it is DELISH!!! I love eating breakfast every morning now - it's like a treat! And even better, all my breakfasts are ready for the week - I just need to plop a piece in my lunch box every morning!

    Everyone hits plateaus, and you'll break out of it soon enough. I'm sure of it - you're always so motivated, which is so motivating to me! Keep it up. I definitely see progress. Great work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl u look so good!!!!!! love those strong awesome arms!!!! and love those sweet tater tots they are my fave!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you dare let any idiots get in your head about "lack of progress." You've lost 55 lbs, you have more going on than some people have to deal with, and you look fantastic. Check out dem guns! You are doing a fantastic job, you're a huge inspiration, and I totally just realized I only halfway finished my email reply to you about this very thing, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from the I Feel Pretty Linkup. You look amazing and are doing a great job! I'm going to have to try the protein muffins and quinoa spaghetti, they look delicious!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your meals look great. I can see why you don't really get bored with them. There is a lot of variety throughout the day.
    I can't believe you work 2 jobs and still find the time to work out every day. Now that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always love seeing what other people are eating. Thanks for sharing! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  18. Of course losing that much weight is going to take time, but seeing the progress that you've already made is inspiring. And the fact that you're doing it all in a healthy way is great. Congratulations on the progress so far, I know you'll reach your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. my waist is my biggest trouble spot and it took me MONTHS to finally get rid of it. i was seeing results everywhere else except there but like you, i kept on pushing forward until one day, it was gone. you are doing amazing, lady!! keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey sexy! Congrats on your weight loss, and you can really see it in your arms. I love grits also and I'm going to pin your cake batter muffin recipe. Visiting for the #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  21. You looks so good Pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks so great! There's really no excuse for me anymore. It's always something or another but you're proof that putting in the work actually makes a difference. My biggest thing is thinking it won't work for me so real-life stories like yours is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how meticulous this is and how open you are with sharing what is obviously working for you. You look INCREDIBLE! Plus, the meals that you're eating are legitimate meals, and you're clearly dedicated - it shows fully. You are beautiful and your arms are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know how anyone could tell you that you're not making progress. I hope those people are people you choose not to have in your life! You're doing a great job and looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look great and wow! that arm :)
    I want those cake batter muffins like now :)
    Thanks for linking up and sharing that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm telling you right now keep it up with the heavy weights. Those arms are breaking through and looking FANTASTIC! Nothing like strong arms on a woman. Great job. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow good for you girl! The guns are definitely looking good...seriously, it's awesome that you're sticking with your progress despite all of the things that are going on in your life. Continue to use that to fuel your progress. You're a huge inspiration to others! Also, your workouts are similar to a lot of the ones on SweshFit so check out the site (http://www.sweshfit.com) and sign up for the workouts if you're ever looking for a way to switch things up :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. 55 POUNDS! way to go gorgeous. and look at those muscles! you're such an inspiration! :) you use quinoa noodles for spaghetti? are they the gluten free ones? where do you get them? yum!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think your meals look great. I can see why you don't really get bored with them. There is a lot of variety throughout the day.
    I can't believe you work 2 jobs and still find the time to work out every day. Now that is amazing!

    Chrissy Metz Diet to Lose Weight

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think your diet plan is looking great. It great working with two business. It is really great and inspire me to work hard.
    Chrissy metz weight loss
    Celine Dion Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com