# # POST TITLE HERE

Let's Chat About Life Lately

June 13, 2014

OK, I know. Is the large pink martini listed above a bit cheesy? Probably. But if you know me, I am all about big, pink and black graphics, sparkles, and everything in between,. Would you expect anything different? Hehe.

It has been a while since I have just written a post on little random life updates. It's Friday so I am linking up with these girls and just writing.Today I present to you, a big dose of completely random. It has been such a flipping busy week. Even one of my co-workers yesterday made the remark, "Liz you look so frazzled today, is everything okay?". I had the frizzy, crazy, curly, witchy hair going on. I have a busy weekend coming up and I can't wait to write all about it next week. It's top secret for now. Also, I am off of work Monday. My boss is letting us work "summer hours" throughout the end of August, if we want. So, I will have a 3-day weekend, but work 4 10-hour days. I am not sure how I will like working such long hours, but it's worth a shot because I wanted Monday off and I do not have to use vacation time. 
I officially have a real domain! Unfortunately I could not use FitnessBlondie.com. Someone has registered that domain and plans to "eventually" to use it. To my dismay, I contacted her a few times trying to purchase it from her since I have worked so hard over the past year to build my "brand", and had no luck. That happens I guess, so please remember "TheFitnessBlondie". Please also remember that my email address as well -- thefitnessblondie@gmail.com. She has also registered the Gmail account, and I know that a few times you guys have accidentally emailed her thinking it was me. If you have and did not receive a response, or DID receive a response, please know that is not me. Ugh, it overall sucks, but nothing more I can do.
I am still trucking along on my weight loss journey. I have 30 more pounds to go until at I am at my goal of 160. I actually may be OK with 165 since I am adding so much muscle. You may think 165 sounds a bit high for a woman who is 5'4, but I am a very muscular person - I am a not a beautiful, dainty, frail woman. Though in the past I always wanted to be. As we all well know, muscle weighs more than fat, so on the scale I will appear bigger. However, in person, it is not like that. I will admit, it is a little disheartening to see the scale moving very slowly. I was accustom to the 3-5 pounds week, but the more weight you lose and the more fat you burn, the slower the scale moves. Also, we know that measurements are what really tell us what is going on in our body, and those are still changing, so that is what matters. I feel stronger than ever and my workouts are becoming more and more intense. It feels incredible to be in such a conditioned state. Nutrition wise, I am going to make the confession that I need to adhere to my diet a little more. I have been having more slip ups than normal. It is has been nothing big, but when the weather gets as hot as it is, I crave ice-cream and smoothies a lot. I think once I am more strict with my diet and on my regimen at 100% I will see a good difference with the scale. Other than that, I am moving right along. 

You guys have heard me preach about Quest Bars since day one. I love Quest Bars and I love Quest Nutrition as a company. For months and months I have been talking about how I eat one everyday, how delicious they are, and that they are a staple with my weight loss and diet. Because I am so passionate about them, I thought I would go ahead and become an affiliate. If you eat Quest Bars-- or any of their products for that matter, or are curious to try them out, please use my link if you don't mind. I include a link on every blog post and to the right on my gadgets. However, I will not become annoying and talk about it a lot, but I did just want to throw that out there. 

Try Quest Protein Bars!
The winners for my Dave Ramsey giveaway will be announced on the Hump Day Blog Hop next week! I am also hosting a linkup next Thursday which I wrote in depth about yesterday. I would love for you guys to share your story with me about how you live fearlessly. Maybe it's a story about being with the love of your life, even though no one supported it, or a career, the way you look, anything. Even if you do not have a blog, you can still participate. Check out the details here. 

I received a few emails this week about my blog. I know I get sappy here sometimes, but because I am so open, I feel deeply connected with a lot of you - we have made such awesome friendships. Therefore I always want you to know how appreciative I am. You guys are SO supportive. I am constantly floored by everyone, in the best way. The world can be so hurtful and dark at times, and to know there are such good people out there - especially women, truly means so much. It is such a "dog-eat-dog" world sometimes, so to know there are real genuine people still existing, is beyond comforting. It has been hard starting over as I wrote about earlier this week. So to receive an email like the one below fills my heart with that bit of hope and motivation I need to keep going.

I have had two very cool features lately! One was sharing my weight loss story with The Huffington Post and I am also a blogger for them now as well. That is exciting as very cool. Then there was an interview with EverydayHealth.com. I really enjoyed that interview because they asked a lot of in depth questions and it was not simply me writing my story.  You can check both of them out below! 




Try Quest Protein Bars!

27 comments

  1. I literally get so happy every time I see one of your posts being posted on, I am sure others will enjoy reading them just as much as I have over this past year!
    Also, YAY for your own domain, BOO for the other girl already having it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just won a box of Quest bars and b/c of you I can't WAIT to try them!! I don't know which flavor I'm most excited about!! If I love them (who am I kidding) I'll be sure to buy through your link girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the use of "the" in your website. Like "THE one and only" "THE number one stunner." Its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you. It has been a pleasure to watch you grow your blog, change jobs, end a relationship, all while maintaining your fitness and diet regimen. You are an inspiration to so many people and I just can't wait to see where the world takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get it girl! So proud of you! :)

    -Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are always awesome. I have been so blessed to have found you and follow you. Your words are supportive and you are so motivated. I just love it.

    I'm 5'4 as well, and I can tell you that if my muscle mass is ever pushing the scale higher than my desired range, I'm totally FOR it.. I rather be lean and muscular.... then thin and stickly!

    Love you chica! Keep rocking. OH, I totally just opened the quest bar link.. YUMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Empowering women & standing together to help one another- if there were more women out there like you, this world would be a much better place. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a blessing!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and can't wait to find out the top secret trip!!

    I love youuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Measurements are definitely where its at, I was so bummed Ive been working so hard and the scale wasnt moving then I took my measurements and I'm down 2 inches every where.
    I already have my post scheduled for Be Fearless
    You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing such big things and I am so proud of you! You deserve every ounce of success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm, you need to change one thing about this--you may not be "dainty" but you ARE beautiful! I am so happy to have found your blog and you are so motivating and inspirational!! How awesome to be featured in two different articles!! You are doing so great--so proud of you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were in Huffington Post?!?!? HOW DID I MISS THIS! YAAAS you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you getting all kinds of (well deserved) recognition! Conrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummmmm way to kill it with all those features!!! Completely well deserved darling!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get working on my fearless post!

    Mmmm quest bars! I started eating those a few months ago because of how much you talk about them and they are seriosuly delish! I have one on my way home every day and I actually really look forward to it! They should be paying you in royalties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. EVENTUALLY she might use it? Sorry Liz, that sucks! That would get stuck in my craw for a few days. The Fitness Blondie is still great and still you though.

    I think I'd do well with summer hours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know, I've only been reading your blog and following you on social for a short time, but I'm hooked because you ARE an inspiration! I love that you actually talk about the realistic downsides of life in addition to being positive, headstrong and motivated. Thank you for being so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GIRL IAM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I have been with u from the beginning and you have come such a long way!!!! I cant wait to see where you will go from here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girlfriend, you are amazing!! So cool that you are getting the credit you deserve!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your weight loss journey is amazing! So inspirational!! And I LOVE Quest bars! Such a delicious, healthy treat. Happy Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sucks about the girl not wanting to give you and she doesnt even use it. I actually changed my initial blog name for that reason. It was Simply Kay but the url and email were taken and I figured people would get confused.

    Also you journey still amazes me :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the domain! It sux you can't use what you wanted to originally but at least you got something super close!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think accurate diet and regular work can improve your health like this. i appreciate your weigh loss work out program. really hard working.thank you for sharing.

    Bally Chohan

    ReplyDelete
  24. I admire your discipline and the love for your family, Liz! I am a naturally slim, small-boned woman, but you cannot imagine the ridicule I went through during my younger days. People always made fun of me being stick thin and my chest is as flat as a washboard! For years I tried to ADD more weight instead of losing it, but I'm quite happy with my body now. I wish more young women could be more comfortable in their skin and bodies, since the time they put on thinking about it could be used for much more productive, useful thing: learning a new skill, reading new books, do some volunteer work, write, etc.

    Keep on writing, girl! Keep on writing! ^_^

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just might have to try some quest bars sometime! I read your posts {and hear many others talk} about them all the time! Keep kickin' ass girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. "I am a not a beautiful, dainty, frail woman."
    you are beautiful, you goose! i'm so happy for you and proud of you for coming so far regardless of the shit you've been dealt. stupid girl using your domain!! haha jk. thanks for being such an inspiration as always beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Girl - you look SO good. What an inspiration you are to so many people!!
    Also... I don't know about you, but I've been super bummed about missing five on Friday for the summer. If you're interested my friend Karli {september FARM} and I {the farmer's wife} are starting up a link-up "oh hey, friday!" with the exact same outline and would love for you to join us tomorrow! Hope to see you there.
    xoxo
    Amy
    denimandplaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com