You truly can have the best of both worlds when it comes to healthy eating. Lose weight, build muscle, eliminate fat, and still eat delicious foods. Monday night I was having an awful sweet craving. That is usually when I create my most fun recipes, and that is what I did with this one. These muffins are delicious, clean, and very filling. They would make a great breakfast additionally. There are 8g of protein per muffin!
What you need:
- 1 scoop of Pro Whey Cake Batter flavored whey protein, purchase here
- 1 cup of Coconut flour, purchase here
- 1 1/4 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 5 packs of Stevia
- Dark chocolate morsels (1/2 cup to 3/4 cup)
*I suggest coconut flour because it is much lower in calories than other flours, including oats. It is also very high in fiber, gluten free, and paleo friendly.
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat 12-count muffin tin thoroughly with nonstick spray.
*Using muffin cupcake or muffin wrappers would be ideal I learned.
-Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a spoon until everything is thoroughly blended.
*I place the chocolate chips on top separately after I have poured the batter into the pan. I like mine to still be a little hard when the muffins are finished, but that is your choice.
- Pour batter 3/4 of the way full into the separate spaces on the tray
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden on top.
- Let cook for 5 minutes then enjoy!
This will vary depending on variations of ingredients/brands used. This is to be used as a guide only.
Serving size: 1 muffin (12 total)