# # POST TITLE HERE

My Weekly Training and Nutrition Plan + Progress Pictures - I hit the 50 pound loss!

May 13, 2014


The below nutrition plan is what I eat Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday during the day I still eat clean but will eat whatever is left over or what I have around my apartment. Two nights a week I have "treat" meals - whatever I choose. They are usually Saturday and Sunday night, but it does vary. I switch up my eating every week. I plan the week before what I want to have for meals, make the grocery list, and prep the food on Sunday's. A lot of times people will ask me if I get bored eating the same thing everyday. The answer is no. It is only 5 days a week that I eat the same thing. I eat to live - not live to eat. It took me a long time to come to that.  I also do this to save money. I live alone so I can't really cook tons of different things during the week because it's too expensive and will go bad. There are also ways you can switch up your eating day to day. Like my Quest Bars for instance; I eat a different flavor everyday, same with my yogurt. You can read here for meal prep ideas!

Total down (since 11/25/13):  50 pounds!
I normally only weigh on Friday mornings because it is only necessary to weigh once a week. However, I did today as well, because as of Friday, I was at a 49 pound loss and I worked my butt off to finally reach 50!



Meal 1 (7:15 AM)


Meal 2 (10:30 AM)
1 pack of Kay's Natural protein chips and fresh grapes


Meal 3 (1:15 PM)


Meal 4 (4 PM) - [Pre-workout]
1 Quest Bar and an apple


Gym: 5-6:15(30)

Meal 5 (6:30 PM) [Post workout]
1 cup of Light and Fit 80 calorie greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and chia seeds



Meal 6 (8:30 PM)
Turkey meatloaf with fresh asparagus, and made from scratch mashed sweet potatoes


Bed time: 11 PM
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Sunday: (Hiking) - done!
13 miles of hiking at Crowder's Mountain 


Monday: (Weights) - done!
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill ( HIIT: 150 SPM for my work and 60 SPM at rest. Work is 60 seconds, rest is 90 seconds)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: Seated lateral raise machine, 50 pounds: 3 x 15
   -Back: Lateral pull down machine, 75 pounds: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: Standing bicep curls, 15 pounds: 3 x 15
   -Chest: Lying chest press with dumbbells, 22.5 pounds: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: Tricep kickbacks with dumbbells, 12.5 pounds: 3 x 15
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)


Tuesday: (Core)
-10 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)
-20 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)
- 3 sets of 45 second planks
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-10 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)
-10 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)

Wednesday: (Weights)
-20 minutes of cardio: StairMill ( HIIT: 150 SPM for my work and 60 SPM at rest. Work is 60 seconds, rest is 90 seconds)
-10 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-10 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)

Thursday: (Core)
-10 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)
-20 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)
- 3 sets of 45 second planks
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-10 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)
-10 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 10)

Friday: (Legs)
-20 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline is switched between 1, 9, and 20. Resistance is switched between 9 and 10)
-Leg Workout:
   -Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
   - Leg Extension (3 x 15, 50 pounds)
   - Leg Curl (3 x 15, 110 pounds)
   - Leg Press (3 x 15, 270 pounds)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline, 9 and Resistance, 9)
-Hard, long Stretch

Saturday: (Rest)


27 comments

  1. Congratulations on your 50 pound weight loss!! You look fantastic! Looks like you had a great week of working out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, there is a such thing as clean cake!?? I had no idea! 50 pounds is such a milestone--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Girl. You are killing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, so proud of you!!! I just ran my first half marathon last weekend, what an experience! I blogged about it here...www.homespunkitchen.blogspot.com

    Can't wait to see that cake recipe, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50 pounds is amazing! And so are you!!!!

    I am intrigued by your recipes.. CAN'T WAIT TO READ THEM!!!

    One day left until Quest Bar Giveaway Winners are revealed!!! FINGERS ARE CROSSED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 50 pounds down!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 50 pound loss!! You are doing so amazing and look so great!! That booty--whoa momma!!! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay and congrats!!! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 50lbs?! congrats gorgeous, you look absolutely freaking amazing, and i bet you feel it as well ;) love all the meal ideas i got from this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow congrats on 50lbs you're amazing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad the 15th is only 2 days away, I want that recipe haha! Congrats on 50 lbs girl, that is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love you!! congrats on the 50lbs weightloss!! that is a big accomplishment & I hope you do something for yourself for this goal!! New purse or something.. You deserve it!! ps. i might need to start adding some chia seeds to my yogurt. I love those 80 calorie yogurts!!! Happy Tuesday darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you and 50 lbs!!! Congrats girl!!! And wearing shorts?!?!?! I am hoping that my legs are shorts ready before the end of this summer. I have them looking "ok" but I know they can still be better.

    I can't wait for this cake recipe. Yum!!!!! I need a few new recipes to switch things up. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut of making the same things over and over. I like to venture out...but it is hard to keep things healthy sometimes when you do that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoooooooooo girl look at those workouts! Now I know I need to step up my leg day game haha! I'm clearly not pushing myself hard enough! AND CONGRATS on your 50 lbs down! What an accomplishment!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on hitting the 50 pound mark! The bean and spinach dip sounds really good. You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you!!! So happy for you!! You look amazing and your such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW 50 lbs!! congratulations!! I want that dip recipe and your blue shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Girl. 50lbs is a great accomplishment. (I'm also super jealous).

    As much as I try to get myself locked into a routine of any sort...eating healthy and working out just don't work for me. I mean, they do for like a week and a half. and then I fail again. One day though...One day. I had the goal of losing weight and toning up before our wedding and well that didn't happen, not like I wanted it too...so I told myself I wanted my change to happen in time for our Anniversary. Let's see what happens in the next year I guess.

    You're Wonderful.
    Hope you got to relax this weekend!

    -Ashlee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay!!! Congrats on the 50 pound loss!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's SOO awesome! Congrats Liz! Those mashed sweet potatoes look so tasty; how do you make them? Happy Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on reaching 50 pounds love!!!! Go on with your bad self! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS! That's amazing and your workouts look killer. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your 50 pound weight loss girl! That is amazing, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! Thanks for the meal ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on the 50 pounds!! That's so awesome!! :D

    http://hey-darlin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the 50 pound mark! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on hitting the 50lb mark! Good work! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com