# # POST TITLE HERE

What a whirlwind of a week!

May 9, 2014

Hello Friday. Hello blog. I am exhausted.

I mentioned on Sunday that I would be a little MIA due to a nonstop week at work. It turned out to be busier than I thought. I have been planning a big company event for over a month now. I have done it all myself, too. Which I love that my President gives me that freedom. Event planning is serious business though; one can easily forget about all of the trivial details that you need to pay attention too! Thankfully, it all wonderfully came together. I did all of it in heels, too. My feet are swollen today. 

Monday was a pretty normal day. A little busier than usual, but not too bad. I worked out after and made sure to get in bed early. Tuesday, the chaos began. Executives were coming into town, all of the department managers were finishing presentations and needing assistance, I had to put packets together, and the list could go on. One of fun tasks on my to-do list? Shopping for the strategic meeting dinner for Wednesday. I do the shopping - I do the choosing, ha!


Wednesday was a long, long day. I worked 13 hours. It was the day before our event. I spent most of the day at my bosses farm home about an hour south of Charlotte in rural, SC. The executives were there for an offsite strategic planning meeting. I was there assisting, recording meeting minutes, and other random things. My President told me that he wanted me to create and run a blog for the company that will act as a liaison between clients, potential clients, and employees. I was very surprised to hear that, but how fitting, huh? I am so, so excited about this and I hope to "blow it out of the water". I will absolutely be putting my heart and soul into that for sure - more on that next week. Around 3PM I left the farm house, drove back Charlotte, ran some errands, did a run through of the event at the hotel, helped setup, then drove back to farm house in SC. After the meeting finished, we grilled out and enjoyed the beautiful weather.






Wednesday night I finally got to bed close to midnight. Oy. Yesterday was the big company event! I found my favorite headband that has been missing for about two months so I had to wear it. I knew then that it was going to be a good day. 


The meeting went great. The hotel was incredibly beautiful, we had a wonderful view, and stellar service. I did not want it to end. We had creative presentations, team building activities, games and prizes, and I felt like it really brought us together as a company. I am really tired, but I will miss all of the planning and meetings that went along with this. 





Now I'm ready to knock out this day at work and get some rest and relaxation this weekend. Plus catch up on your guys blogs. Don't forget about my Quest Nutrition giveaway going on right now! Get your entries in!

27 comments

  1. Yay for a great week!! Sounds like it was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have similar jobs! Glad to hear everything went off without a hitch! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!!!!! Go you! Way to rock it at work!!!! Isn't it great when we kick A$$ in all areas of our lives?!?!? You should be very proud!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a fab week lady! thats freaking awesome! and yay for finding fave headband! i love your grocery cart as well haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That farm is beautiful! So glad your meeting went well. Love the new blog design!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get it girl!!! I agree, planning events take a lot of work and ALOT of hours...aka I just got married and you can only imagine that whirlwind. LOL

    You definitely deserve some rest this weekend...I don't think I would get out of bed if I were you. haha

    Happy Friday!

    -Ashlee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds like such a fun job I like planning parties but all I ever get to plan is my kids birthday parties...if I had an endless budget OMG! hahaha enjoy your relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your design so much girl! Ummmmm your shopping cart is like Heaven.....lots of adult libations I am so down with that! Thanks for linking up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. yayyy glad you rocked the event!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love planning events, but it is so much work! Sounds like you kicked butt lady! Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a busy busy week! The farm house looks gorgeous! Hope you get some R&R this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT A BUSY WEEK!

    Can't wait to read from you next week!

    And I still have my fingers crossed for the Quest Bars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How amazing that he wants you to start a blog for the company, you will do great. Also, his farm house looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finding your favorite missing item definitely means it's going to be a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was a great place to have the meeting! Just gorgeous! Glad you are going to get some rest this weekend you put a lot of work in so you deserve it. Congrats on being able to build them a blog and run it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning in that pic girl, you hair is amazingggg! What a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My my my you have been busy!!! I am sure you felt accomplished after all your hard work paid off!

    That is so cool that you get to do a blog for the company!!! Obviously you are going to excel at that, duh!

    You take it easy this weekend and relax! You deserve it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had a great week. Congrats on being chosen to run the blog for the company.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy for you! Of course you did a great job, duh haaa

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so pretty! I love your motivation & inspiration & everything you write about.
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are such a go-getter!! Sounds like you did an amazing job putting together the event - congratulations!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a busy week! So glad everything worked out wonderfully for you and that you are going to be setting up a blog for your company! Congrats on the event! Yay! What a pretty horse :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Each time i visit this blog find something new in it. keep writing. It's the perfect blog on body fitness

    ReplyDelete
  24. You go girl! What an honor for you to be in charge of so much and have fun doing it! Sounds like you planned a perfect meeting/event for your company and you definitely went above and beyond with your efforts! Hope you had a relaxing weekend to catch up on all that busyness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com