# # POST TITLE HERE

A Super Late Crazy, 3-day, Weekend Recap

May 23, 2014

Better late than never, I suppose! All I can say after this weekend is... wow. It was perhaps the best and worst weekend I have had in a long time. The family drama I witnessed and that ensued makes Jerry Springer look classy. My weekend with my mom was interrupted, of course, because that is how my life goes, but we made it work. Friday night after work, we went to our favorite restaurant "The Melting Pot" for dinner. We indulged in cheese dip and white chocolate brulee for dessert! It was so much fun. We only go a few times a year so it's always great to go. After dinner I met a new friend at a local pub for a nightcap.





Saturday morning we left Charlotte early to spend the day moving my mom into my brother's house. It was a long, long morning and afternoon. Hiking and weight lifting are great workouts but I think moving has to beat them all. Nothing exhausts me more. Once mom was moved in, we decided to stay the night with my brother, sister in law, and nephew instead of driving back to Charlotte.

Later that evening as I was getting ready, my nephew was watching me do my makeup and was so fascinated. It was seriously the cutest thing. He loved looking at himself in the mirror. As I was putting on my foundation and stroking the brush on my face, he was doing the same thing with a Q-tip. Seriously, no one can melt me like he can.







The above pictures are me with my sister-in-law and baby brother. I cannot believe my Bub will be 22 in less than two months... I mean that is just crazy to me. To my pleasant surprise, Saturday night turned out to be a really fun and good night.

Sunday morning my mom and I took off back to Charlotte. She and I both were exhausted. I haven't felt that kind of exhaustion in a long time. Plus not sleeping well on Saturday did not help either. She and I spent the day at my apartment taking it easy. I cleaned and got some food prep done. We then took showers and made ourselves look presentable.



We went to a really fun Mexican bar in Matthews for dinner and drinks. The drinks were awesome. Mine was so big though! I could not even make it through half, but it was delicious. I hate Margarita's, but the "top shelf" one I had was not bad. Mama had fresh Sangria, her favorite. It was strong - actually stronger than mine!




Monday, mom left early. I woke up aching. The soreness from the move officially kicked in. Nonetheless, I had a lot to do. I spent the morning running errands, spent 3 hours putting a desk together, and then more hours scrubbing my apartment and food prepping. Nonstop I tell ya! However, I can't wait to tell you guys all about my new little "home office space" I created and why! More on that next week.




Now it's time to tackle this work day, have a killer workout, and enjoy a 4-day weekend with my family! Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone - what do you guys have planned?

23 comments

  1. Love the recap, you and your mom ARE STINKING ADORABLE! I love the close relationship you two have. Heart warming.

    Your nephew.. is pinchable! Just saying.

    And moving is the worst.. it challenges all muscles.. and ones you never knew existed I swear!

    We get out at 2:30p today, and then the long weekend begins. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

    OH MELTING POT.. IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES! Thank god the closest one is 45 minutes away. That means we do not go as often as I would like.. which would be about every meal. HAHA.

    Enjoy your weekend pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stunning! I love the pics and sounds like you had a blast (minus the drama) Have a great weekend girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 day weekend?? Jealous---but I am excited for my 3 day "no plans" weekend!!! Need some R&R big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is for real a work out!!! You and your mom are so cute! And your nephew is just adorable.

    I plan to take it easy this weekend, get a lot of stuff done around the house. I love the office space you created! I have an office at home but am using it for everything but...I end up blogging at my kitchen table. I need to do something about that ASAP!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuck i hate moving! looking forward to your home office reveal :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl you're so gorgeous! looks like a ton of fun, and seriously how cute is your nephew?! and moving = hell. haha. no plans for memorial day, a whole lotta doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the recap!! mama is so pretty and so are you!! what an adorable nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang girl, what a busy weekend!!

    We have a pretty fun weekend planned, although its not much different then our usual weekend plans. HA Tomorrow we are heading to the Race Track for Race Day. (as per every saturday) and the sunday we are just hanging out around the house with the family..Watching the NASCAR race, BBQing for Memorial day, and relaxing. :)

    Happy Friday!

    -Ashlee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I would be a hot mess after that margarita! What kind of bowl is it in?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl.. you are always on the go!!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy weekend! You and your Mamma are so pretty! Glad you both enjoyed your time together and got her all moved in! Enjoy your weekend! I'm hoping the damn sunshine will come out so I can soak up some vitamin D while I'm hosting a garage sale with my mother in law!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mom is too cute.

    That margarita is the size of your head. No wonder you couldn't finish!

    Perfect timing on the recap - just in time to embark on another three day-er.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fantastic weekend! Looking beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There aren't a lot of things better in this world than mom time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how close you and your Mom are and had a good time! Moving is no joke so hard! It gets every muscle aching! Hope you get to relax this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I mean I cannot stop staring at your gorgeous self!!!!! Also I need that makeup mirror in my life! I registered for it and I check way too often to see if someone bought it yet ;-) Thanks so much for linking up and boooooo to moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh, I love Mexican!! Hoping to get some happy hour margaritas tonight! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh I looooooove Melting Pot! I seriously could LIVE off that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh mannnnn I could definitely go for one of those margaritas after this week!! You're looking fabulous as usual!! Those photos of you and your nephew are so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quite the busy bee but what a fun weekend to spend with family! Have a great Memorial Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a GREAT weekend!! You always look so beautiful in all the pictures you post! Love the picture of your nephew SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that you and your mom get dolled up and go out for drinks together - so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such lvely time, my 2 year looks at your foto and says "Mama -she's a princess!" I agree you sure do look like on :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com