# # POST TITLE HERE

Freaking Delicious, Lean, Turkey Meatloaf

April 30, 2014


I never knew I could be so excited about a square of meat.

But I totally can.

This meatloaf is freaking delicious. 

The thing is, I forgot all about this meatloaf. Growing up, the thought of meatloaf repulsed me. To me, "meatloaf" does not sound fun or inviting. However, my mother makes the best meatloaf in the world. She would pair it with her made from scratch macaroni and cheese and I was in pure heaven. Last week, I was on the phone with my grandmother and she was telling me that mama was in her kitchen making meatloaf for she and my grandfather. A light bulb went off in my head. I immediately made my grandmother put my mom on the phone so I could write down my her recipe. I decided to add and subtract ingredients so I could create it in a healthy, clean way. It worked! First try too! (that rarely happens).

Friends this meatloaf is easy, delicious, lean, packed with protein, and I can almost guarantee your husband, kids, dogs, cats, mistress, cousin, sister, and uncle will love this. 

  • 1 pound lean or extra lean ground turkey
  • HALF a pack of meat loaf seasoning
  • 1/8 cup of bread crumbs of choice OR 1 slice of bread broken up into little pieces
  • 1 egg and 1 egg white
  • 1/2 cup of Unsweetened original almond milk 
  • Low sugar ketchup OR Sriracha sauce (healthier option)
  • Optional: any vegetables such as onions, peppers, etc. that you want to add. I don't like anything that "crunches" in my meatloaf thus I have omitted those.
What do you do:

  • Preheat over to 375 degrees
  • Spray small baking pan (8 x 8 or similar) with nonstick spray
  • Place all ingredients except except ketchup or Siriacha in a large bowl
  • Mix thoroughly with clean, washed hands until well blended
  • Place meat in baking pan and pat until meat has formed into the pan
  • Bake for 55-60 minutes
  • Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
  • Lightly coat top of meatloaf with sauce of choice
  • Enjoy with your favorite sides for a hearty meal!


Nutrition information
Serving size: 4 oz
Servings per meatloaf: 5
This will vary depending on variations of ingredients/brands used. This is to be used as a guide only.
Calories: 155
Fat: 8g
Carbohydrates: 4g
Fiber: 0g
Protein: 20g

19 comments

  1. This looks yummy!!! I'll definitely have to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good meat loaf! As an adult, I was repulsed by the idea as a child too. Perhaps they should call it something else?

    I made some turkey meatloaf mini muffins a few weeks ago and they were good...but I just really love ground beef meat loaf better. I didn't even know they made meatloaf seasoning?? What kind of seasonings are in that packet? lol. My mom always tossed in some nature seasoning and called it a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I always use the McCormick seasoning too! Good stuff. Now I want meatloaf! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meatloaf, we make one very similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOKS TASTY!!!! I am slowly trading out all of our ground beef.. for ground turkey.. no one really has noticed yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like super weird and literally love every type of meatloaf in all the land.
    So THIS looks fantastic. Def trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!! My Husband and I both love Meatloaf so I guess for dinner we may have to go pick up a few morning things and try out this recipe!!

    So glad you found my blog so that I can also come join in on the fun over here at yours. Especially since I keep attempting to get in shape and get healthy!!! haha and your blog may just help keep me motivated! Yay!

    -Ashlee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love meatloaf, such a good childhood memory! I would have to try it with ground chicken though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds delicious! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for providing a healthy alternative meal and for having few ingredients! (And ones I already have!). Most of the time I see recipes with a million ingredients and it just makes it a hassle, you know? :)

    Zauni.
    Morning Neon
    "Let's move to Vegas."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing!! Love your new blog layout by the way :) I went MIA from blogging for awhile and I love all your changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooohhhh looks yummy! and I love your blog's new look!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liz - that looks amazing. You should google Cooking Light Spicy Turkey Meatloaf. That's what your recipe reminded me of. I make it at least once a week, my family loves it. You can tweak it if you don't care for an ingredient - but it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM! I love anything spicy, but I am whimp because it burns my mouth so bad. I will have to check out that recipe though!

      Delete
  14. I love meatloaf! I'm with you on the no crunchy things in it. I use a Cooking Light recipe that uses oats instead of bread crumbs and salsa so you get some extra veggies, but they're soft. I also make them into individual loafs to decrease cooking time and makes it easier to pack for meals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Liz! Can't wait to make this, this afternoon! Did you ever post your red potatoes recipe? Curious how you get them edible without gravy or butter! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey darling! That recipe will be live tomorrow morning at 7 AM EST!

      Delete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com