# # POST TITLE HERE

Clean Chocolate Protein Cake

May 15, 2014


This recipe came to be, by accident. That is kind of the story of my life, ha! I was craving protein pancakes for breakfast, but I suck at making pancakes. I just cannot master the art. There are SO many protein pancake recipes out there so I decided to start from scratch and find the perfect protein pancake recipe for me. I was mixing the batter then I had a light bulb go off in my head. I thought "why don't I just make this as a cake". So that is why I did. It is SUPER easy to make and delicious. I have been having this as my breakfast. It's packed with protein, complex carbohydrates, and a good amount of fiber. It is a balanced meal and perfect for when you are on the go. I love telling people I have been eating cake for breakfast and still losing weight. It's fun. 

  • 1 1/2 cups of oats
  • 2 scoops of chocolate protein
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tablespoons of liquid Stevia or 4 packs of Stevia
  • Optional: 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate morsels
What you do:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Spray a small cake pan thoroughly with nonstick spay (I use an 8 x 8)
  • Put ALL ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until it forms a creamy, semi thick mixture (you could try mixing everything in a large bowl with a spoon if you do not have either of the above, but I am not sure how it would turn out. WalMart has cheap but good blenders such as this one)
  • Pour into batter into baking pan
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes
  • Let cool for 15-20 minutes
  • Enjoy as is, or top with fresh fruit! 

Nutritional Information:
This will vary depending upon brands of ingredients used, portions, etc. This is to be used as a guide only
Total Servings: 4
Serving size: 1 slice
*If you are consuming this as a dessert and not a meal, I recommend doubling the total servings to 8
Calories: 210
Fat: 4g
Carbohydrates: 19g
Fiber: 4g
Sugar: 2g
Protein: 19g


Try Quest Protein Bars!

19 comments

  1. Love it! I will be making it!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. well this looks amazing! i wonder if i could make it GF...... i'm gonna try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting this on my list to attempt to make! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm yes. I love this recipe. I'll definitely be making this, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAKING IT!
    This looks really tasty!

    And I have almost ALL of these ingredients SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!!! I cant wait to make this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness! I am making this cake this weekend for sure!! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how awesome! Now you need to come up with a protein powder frosting :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I've been waiting for this, and I'm even more excited because I have everything I need to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love turning it into a cake. No flipping, no mess. Great idea! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum!!!! and I don't even like chocolate.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited to make this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to have to try this. Pete made these little protein muffins that were literally just protein powder and water... the flavor wasn't bad but they were so dry that he literally almost threw up trying to swallow one! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been waiting for you to post this recipe since you first shared the picture! Oh my yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks soooo amazing! and plus for jamie eason!!! I love her

    http://hey-darlin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. will try this asap looks so good I make protien pancakes no since I have gluten but this looks wonderful. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com