# # POST TITLE HERE

Healthy turkey and bean Spanish dip

May 22, 2014


You can't always judge a recipe by it's looks. This may not be the most beautiful creation one has ever seen, but it is absolutely delicious. And it is by no means your average type of Spanish dip. I love Spanish/Mexican food. It is one of my favorite options for treat meals, so what could be better than being able to create something that is much healthier for you and with a fraction of the calories?! This was my first time trying to create this and lucky for me it worked! That rarely happens.

  • Half a pound of 99% fat free ground turkey
  • 2 cups of frozen or fresh spinach
  • 4 tablespoons of organic enchilada sauce
  • 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
  • 3 tablespoons of Desert Pepper Black Bean Dip (or spicy salsa of choice)
  • 1 can of fat free re fried-beans (pinto or black bean)
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • Healthy chip option of choice (I prefer sweet potato tortilla or baked Lentil)

What you do:
  • Spray frying pan thoroughly with nonstick spray
  • Cook ground turkey via stove top
  • When the turkey is about half way cooked, add the spinach, enchilada sauce, and water and continue cooking via stove top
  • While that is cooking, spray a small baking pan (I use 8 x 8) with nonstick spray and place re-fried beans beans on the bottom
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Once turkey is finished cooking and the ingredients are thicker and not too watery, add the salsa of your choice to the mix, stir, and then pour everything into the baking pan over the beans
  • Top with feta cheese
  • Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes
  • Carefully remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!

11 comments

  1. Liz, this sounds wonderful!!! I will have to give it a try! It sounds healthier than my normal go to dips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delish, and I agree with Nadine- way better than my normal dips haha. mmm lentil chips - they sound yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so tasty i'm definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so GOOD! Perfect for a party dip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lentil chips. I'm always looking for a new dip recipe. I will have to try this! It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! This sounds so good. I have been craving enchiladas lately so this really caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Spanish dishes!! I can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so good! Love a good dish with beans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was an insightful post you shared, thanks for that. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for sharing so much useful information with us. It is greatly appreciated that you helped me. Do you want to know how to read faster? My blog post will teach you how to speed read using speed reading techniques, so follow that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com