Labor Day weekend is usually our favorite weekend to travel. We pick out a new city and go enjoy ourselves. In 2011 we chose Cleveland, Ohio. I loved that city, downtown was fantastic. I miss "The Chocolate Bar" too. In 2012 we chose Myrtle Beach. And last week, I asked to go to Myrtle again.
Much to my disappointment Marquis said that this year we weren't going to go anywhere. He is really busy with getting a new business started and he is deep into prepping for his Bodybuilding show in October. I had a 30 second pity party then got over it. We have had a lot of fun and adventures this year so it's cool.
Sunday afternoon, I had to go over to SC to check on my condo. I needed to clean it a little and I decided to get some work done. It's quiet and peaceful so I turned on a movie, checked some blog's, and worked on some office emails. I check one of my emails and it is titled "Surprise!!!" from Marquis. Looks like we are going to Myrtle for Labor Day after all! And staying at a 4-star resort. I feel all fancy and stuff now. How cool!
Then a light bulb went off. I have been so busy with work. I worked late Friday and here I am on a Sunday getting some work done. I thought "the beach is 19 days away. This is the perfect time to give myself another weight loss challenge". I always tell people, giving yourself a mini goal that isn't so drastically far away is a GREAT idea to push yourself in gear, stay motivated, and get into a habit of regular exercise and healthy eating.
Thus I am dedicating today's blog entry with my weekly plan and fitness agenda, instead of on my weekend recap like I usually do. I am also linking up with Sara for a "fitness survey"
My goal for Saturday August 31st is to be down 6 pounds.
- Meal 1: 3 egg whites, fresh spinach, and 1/4 cup of turkey bacon bits and 2 slices of Nature's Own double fiber whole wheat toast with calorie free butter spray.
- Meal 2: Protein Shake (1 cup of Banana creme whey protein, 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar/fat free pudding powder mix, 2 cups of fresh kale, and 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Meal: 3: Turkey and veggie stir fry (Turkey pepperoni, broccoli, carrots, green beans, peppers, mushrooms, water chestnuts, a dash of veggie noddles)
- Meal 4 (prework): 1/2 cup of oats, 1 tablespoon of sugar/fat free butterscotch pudding mix, and 1/4 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Meal 5 (post workout): 1 turkey burger patty, 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli, 2 zucchini and reduced fat Feta cakes
- Monday: 20 minutes of lateral cardio + 45 minute spin class
- Tuesday: 15 minutes of later cardio, full upper body weight circuit, 10 minutes on the Elliptical
- Wednesday: Same workout as Monday
- Thursday: 10 minutes on the StairMaster, full upper body weight circuit, 15 minutes of lateral cardio
- Friday: 20 minutes of lateral cardio, full leg work out, 10 minutes on the Elliptical
- Saturday: OFF day or optional 45 minute run/walk at home tredmill
- Sunday: 45 minute spin class + full upper body weight circuit
What is your favorite healthy and filling breakfast?
My favorite breakfast is the one I eat regularly. See meal 1 under nutrition listed above. It is essential to start your day with lean protein and complex carbohydrates. It isn't just fueling your body, but your mind as well.
What keeps your motivated?
Blogging really helps me keep motivated. So does the reflection in the mirror. I constantly want to better myself and overcome challenges. Fitness is not a destination, it's a journey. Plus, it helps that my fiance has been into Bodybuilding for over 20 years.
What is your favorite way to change up your routine?
I like incorporating new cardios into my routine. I love to lift weights and do not change that around a lot. That is imperative to lose weight. Women have huge misconceptions when it comes to lifting. I do however like to change up my cardio because it can get boring, even with great music.
What is your go-to "get back on track" tip?
"Today is a new day". A lot of people think that if they have been off of the bandwagon for a day, week, month, even years, to just "forget it. I'm already to far gone". And I say to myself "I may have done horrible this week, but I am alive today. Today I will be better".
What is your favorite distance to race?
I don't really understand this question. I don't really race. Except for in spin class, my best friend and I are always trying to beat each others miles. My record is 18 in 55 minutes. And that was after 20 minutes on the lateral machine. Boo-yah.
Name one thing on your fitness bucket list.
To compete alongside my fiance. I would not do Bodybuilding like he does, but I would like to be in a Figure competition. I am not sure I will ever get to do it because the dieting gets so extreme but I would like too.
Best reason for living a healthy lifestyle?
It keeps me sane. Seriously. I feel SO much better about life, dreams, goals, and everything when I stick to eating healthy and exercising. I think if more people would turn to this instead of pills for anxiety, depression, etc. the world would be a much better place.
Favorite workout at the gym or home?(push ups, crunches,etc)
My favorite work out at the gym is leg day. I love building my booty and the way my legs feel after. I was a gymnast for a long time so I can get really deep into squats and leg pressing - it feels fantastic!
My favorite workout at home is to go upstairs in our "bonus" room that we are slowly turning into a home gym. I like to watch a movie and jog/walk, do heavy stretching, some sit up's, and sometimes even a little dance. :)