Friday morning before going into work, I decided to stop at Smoothie King to purchase a protein shake. I like going there for wheatgrass shots so I decided to get breakfast as well. I noticed they had a Pumpkin Spice protein shake available. I did not know how good it would taste though. Nonetheless, I decided to try it.
I was shocked at how absolutely delicious it was! I wish I could go back everyday and purchase one, however, $8 protein shakes are not in my budget, so I had to improvise. Which is ideal anyway so I can make it healthier!
What you need:
- 1 cup of protein powder (I use vanilla creme)
- 1/2 cup of organic pumpkin
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- A couple of dashes of Pumpkin Pie spice
- 2 packets of Stevia
- Handful of fresh spinach of kale
What you do:
- Blend all ingredient in a blender or food processor.
I made my protein shake today with two cups of spinach (I need to get my nutrients) so it was green, but you still could not taste it -- the delicious pumpkin taste prevailed!