My friends, this recipe is so quick and easy to make, that I have a hard time even calling it a recipe! However, I cannot get over the delicious and copious amounts of flavor. If you are on a low carb diet such as Atkins, this could be a life savor and and staple for you. For someone like me who tends to have the appetite of a 16 year old boy (not the metabolism, of course) this is perfect for breakfast to get me going in the morning and most of all, keep me full.
I make this recipe both in a "pie" pan and a regular "cake" pan. They are also good as muffins. I am going to share in the way I make it in a regular baking pan. As I always recommend; vary this recipe to your specific liking! Feel free to add in onions and peppers (both of which I do not like, but I know they would be good additions!)
- 6 eggs and 6 egg whites
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups low fat shredded cheese of choice
- Half cup of low sodium diced ham
- Half cup of turkey bacon pieces
- 2 cups kale and/or spinach
What you do:
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and coat baking pan of choice with nonstick spray.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until yolks and other ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Pour ingredients into baking pan of choice.
- Bake in oven:
- Regular "cake" size baking pan -- 40-50 minutes
- "Pie" sized pan -- 25-35 minutes
- Muffin pan -- 20-30 minutes
This will vary based on different ingredients and specific brands used; this is to be used as a generic guide only.