# # POST TITLE HERE

Let's Chat: All About The Week

July 18, 2014

Happy Friday! I am pleased to say that this week has been wonderful. There is no particular reason why or anything grand that happened, I just feel good. My spirit, my mood, my mind... I feel like my normal self again. Ah, I'm relishing in it! In true Friday fashion, today's post will be random things about my week that I want to share. 

Tuesday, I had my very first washer and dryer installed at my apartment. I finally purchased a set from Lowes Home Improvement. I got a great deal plus a great warranty. Previously I was paying $30 a month to rent a washer and dryer from a company and I was sick of wasting the money every month. I will always need to wash clothes, so I finally invested. I may have gotten a little too excited about owning a set. I am definitely getting old.


Since I have been working summer hours at my job (4 work days, 10 hours long), I have been lazy in the morning when it comes to styling my hair. Something that will only take 3-5 minutes is my go-to. And I think my system works! I am using Big Sexy Hair's powder for good volume, dry shampoo to keep my roots from looking so oily, and a beach wave spray from Ipsy, which adds just enough curl and wave. I really like it.


I have never been a big Starbucks fan. I do not drink coffee nor do I care for overpriced tea filled with sugar. However, a couple of weeks ago when my sister was in town, we went because she loves it. I was thirsty so I picked out their new Blackberry Mojito tea. Now I'm freaking addicted, ha! This has been my favorite go-to drink this summer. It has an authentic fruit taste (I am obsessed with anything blackberry flavored) and it is not loaded with sugar. If you are like me and crave all things ice-cream and smoothie during the hot months, this tea is a great option. You can purchase it unsweetened which is even better and as a lemonade. 


When I was a teenager and could blow money because I had no cares or bills, purses were my favorite thing to splurge on. My how that has changed since I have to be an adult now (ugh). I only purchase maybe 1-2 purses a year and carry it until it falls apart. In March I found the cutest bag at Target, but now the straps are hanging on to the purse for dear life, so I threw in the towel. I went to Burlington Coat Factory and found the cutest Nine West bag for only $27! Burlington is my absolute go-to for bags. They have a gorgeous selection and unbeatable prices. I am super excited!


When I was driving home from work yesterday and checked my mail, I noticed my Ipsy bag finally came! I was a little nervous this month because my mom told me she was a little disappointed in hers, and a lot of girls on Instagram seemed to concur. Not me! I loved this months bag. I can luckily use everything that came in it. It also looks as if Ipsy accidentally included an extra skin soother, which I always have use for. I give this month two thumbs up.  

If you don't know what Ipsy is - it is a monthly makeup bag you receive via mail. It is only $10 a month and with that you get a makeup bag and 3-4 beauty products. You are billed on the first of every month and products arrive between the 10-15th! When you sign up, you get to customize your settings so you get products closely matched to your beauty preferences. If you want to join, please click here and use my link. I will appreciate it so much!

 
Yesterday we also had the best weather in Charlotte. It was nice and warm; not humid and sticky. There was a light breeze and it felt like spring or fall. I decided I had to take full advantage of it, so I ditched the gym and hit the greenway. My hips are paying for it a bit, but it was well worth it.



Now on to get the work day over. I have a busy week ahead so I am ready to relax this weekend so I can take it head on...

Try Quest Protein Bars!

33 comments

  1. A lot of being an adult up there. I need a new purse desperately as well, but I'm trying to hold out until fall. That money I could spend on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah my girl is growing up so quick! I have missed you lovely! So happy to check in with you today. You are really doing well with everything it seems now and that makes me so happy for you! That bag girl...that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new purse! And I'm with you- I enjoyed my Ipsy bag this month, too! Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new washer and dryer! They're Real is my favorite mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all...you have fantastic hair. that style is TOTALLY working for you! two - i LOVE that purse. so fresh and so clean clean! three - thank you so so much for linking up! if you want to throw in a link back to one of our blogs, that would be AWESOME! i know a lot of people read you, so this could really help boost the linkup numbers! thanks gal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the hair tips! I am totally for the 3-5 min thing. Also, I love all things Starbucks, but usually go for the coffee. I will have to try the mojito tea, it looks delicious. Also, we were in Blowing Rock yesterday and it was also amazing weather. When we got home, we were amazed that we could breath! I wish everyday could be like yesterday in Charlotte. Have a great weekend beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are beautiful!!! Sounds like a great week. I agree "wasting" $30 a month to rent a washer and dryer is a bit much when you buy them and make payments :) glad you found one you like!! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok i love it all. you look stunning in all of your pics, and that bag is gorgeous. note to self: going to burlington this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looooove the way your hair looks!! Love that bag too! What a great find. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new black and white purse! Your hair looks great for 3-5 minutes, I wish I could spend just that on mine, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im still on the waiting list for Ipsy cant wait.
    Love that purse girl..I have a transformers wallet and no purse lol im such a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that picture of you! You're gorg! Glad you liked your Ipsy bag. Mine is usually hit and miss.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for a great week! Love that purse! And your hair looks great with the beachy wave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to hear your doing good hun!! You look gorg as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Burlington has awesome handbags! Have you checked out their jewelry? They have awesome statement necklaces that aren't expensive. :) Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i used to be a bag whore! i'd get one every season and my favorite brand was gucci. now that i'm an old hag, i'd rather spend my money on other things however, i still lust after those gucci bags...they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I refuse to spend more than 5 minutes on my hair any day lol. My hair is so thin and doesn't do anything anyways, so I am always down and straight....or maybe in a pony tail if it looks bad or is raining.

    I got that Starbucks tea this morning and it is amazing!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    They're Real is the best mascara on the planet.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the purse! I got a new fridge a few weeks ago and thought the same thing when I realized how excited I was to finally have a fridge that worked properly and had an ice-maker #oldpeopleproblems lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much goodness in this post haha! Your hair looks fabulous girl, as always :) I've not tried that drink yet, I am loving the unsweet green tea lemonade right now, and I've always loved the passionfruit tea lemonade, YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you had such a great week!! Btw...you are absolutely gorgeous, and I wish I could get my hair to look like that in 5 minutes!!

    WhatTheHeckWhyNot?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so, so glad you're feeling back to your old self. I've been thinking about you lately and hoping you were doing well, so yay :)

    That's an awesome Ipsy bag! I really want to try those new Bare Minerals cream shadows, aaaaand I'm totally heading to Starbucks to try that tea today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your have with the little bit of wave. Getting excited over a washer and dryer is the sign of getting older! ;) Love the new purse, I need to hit my Burlington for a new purse.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love my IPSY bag. We got pretty much the same stuff in it. Minus 1 thing I believe. I'm never disappointed. I love trying out everything they give me.

    and WHAT? they have blackberry moijto tea? OMG I'm going like NOW to get one. ahh.

    I am so glad your week went better and that things are looking yup for you :) You Deserve it!

    -Ashlee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. If that picture is what you look like when you're being lazy while getting ready I really need to step up my game LOL! My lazy is throwing my hair in a ponytail or bun and putting on some mascara haha! That blackberry mojito tea sounds amazing! I always get the Starbucks green tea without sugar... I wonder if the mojito thing would be good without it too!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your hair is awesome and so is your purse! It is funny how washers and dryers are things that make us excited as we "grow up".

    ReplyDelete
  26. Washer & dryers are totally worth the investment. Ours is about to go and we're going to have to buy one. =(

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just discovered your blog, I am originally from Spartanburg and very familiar with Charlotte, so Hi! Love your story! I'm in Charleston now and writing my own blog. Love the purse! I need to figure out if we have a Burlington here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Here from the linkup on Wifesticated. OMG I loved my Ipsy bag thing month, like you, I was totally nervous but so worth it! Also in love with the beach waves spray, so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You got a GREAT Ipsy bag! I got the tanning oil too. Lets be beach babes together haha <3

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  30. I tried the blackberry mojito tea this weekend and loved it - also not a huge starbucks fan but it was good!

    Your hair is looking fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know what you mean about being super excited about getting a washer and dryer, when we bought our first set I was ecstatic! I love buying stuff like that though :) I am a huge Starbucks fan, and I will definitely have to try that drink! Hope you had an amazing weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. i know I am late to this but, I am catching up ;)

    I love your hair in that pic!!! Isnt it funny what we get excited over as we get older ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. you are stunningly gorgeous!
    And is there people who aren't excited about getting a new washer and dryer?! omgg you should've seen me with our new vacuum! haha i Vacuumed for daysss!
    My mom LOVES starbucks and could drink the White chocolate Mocha with 6... 6! extra pumps of mocha... weekly! if i didn't yell at her.
    Love your blog!

    -Heather
    SmittenCountryKitten.blogspot.com

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com