# # POST TITLE HERE

Fun in the Sun Weekend Recap (I'm back!)

July 14, 2014

I think I am finally back to normal. I feel like myself again, so more weird blog posts or writings. Well, who knows about that as I am a weird person at times. Ha. This weekend I basically had a "snap out of moment", which almost instantly brought me back into being my usual self. I was so sick and tired of feeling sad all of the time. That's not me, that is not how I live my life, and the last thing I want to do is derail off of my hard work- be it my blog, the gym, anything. I have really worked hard over the past 9 months and I want to keep going. I just want to be more mindful and not burn myself out like I did a few weeks ago.

Friday after a busy day at work, I went to the gym as normal. I busted through my plateau and now I am at 60 pounds lost since November 25th. It was my favorite workout - legs! Since Saturday was to be a rest day, I really wanted to push hard and I definitely did.


After the gym, I came home to feed Marty and take a shower, then I took off to Greensboro for an impromptu trip to stay with my grandmother. She is taking a trip to Florida this week so I will not be able to see her until the end of the month, plus she had an idea for Saturday, so she asked me to come. Of course I obliged. Once I arrived to her house, we spent the evening chatting in the outdoor room and I was able to get in some good reading time. I am currently reading "The Happiness Project". I absolutely love going to grandparents, that is my home. I sleep the best and relax the best there, which felt like paradise for me after the last few weeks I have had.


Saturday morning we woke up and she took me to a vinegar and oil store. This place was great! I am trying to veer away from using oils when I cook or marinate meats and vegetables. I consume my essential fats through nuts so I don't need oils. This store was so awesome because one could make their own natural vinaigrette or oils! The ingredients are real, raw, fresh, and organic. You know exactly what you are making and purchasing. I opted for a light vinaigrette with pineapple. It is unbelievably delicious, I swear I could drink it. My grandmother made a dark cherry vinaigrette.



After our fabulous trip at the vinegar store, I drove back to Charlotte. My legs were sore from my workout, and all of that driving did not help my energy or soreness. Driving makes me so tired too. I spent most of the afternoon writing. I am happy to say that I am making great progress with my book. 
I had plans for the evening, but they fell apart. Which was probably the best thing that has happened to me because it woke me up. It was a light bulb moment that really needed to happen. After that, I decided to call it a night early and get a good amount of sleep.

I woke up Sunday still feeling sore but I wanted to spend the day out. I decided I wanted to be happy. It's that simple. I decided to let go of the negative feelings I have been pouring myself into and be "me" again. I made myself a protein packed breakfast, packed my back pack, then drove to the mountains to go hiking. It has been a month since I have hiked! I can't believe it. Since I started hiking 6 months ago, I rarely ever miss a weekend-- but due to my state of mind lately, the weather, and a lot of travel it has been hard. 


The weather was very hot, but beautiful. Once I started on my 10-mile strenuous trail, I immediately felt rejuvenated and energetic. It was a strong hike. Though I have not hiked in a few weeks, I have still been training hard at the gym. Pushing myself on the StairMill 5 days a week has really helped with hiking. I climbed the mountain in record time, both up and down. It was awesome! 


After my hike, I drove back home to take a shower and get cleaned up for church. 


I attend a church called Elevation occasionally. When I was younger, I detested going to church, but when I moved to Charlotte a few years ago, I really felt it on my heart to try this place, so I did. I am definitely not a "holier than thou" person, but this church lifts my spirits and heals my soul so much. I love the loud music, the lights, the band, and the pastor, Steven Furtick (who is a New York Times best selling author) makes me understand the Bible and use God's word in my everyday life. 


I knew I needed to go. I probably need it more than ever right now. As expected, the service was wonderful. Next week the church is starting a 6 week series called #DeathToSelfie, which I am equally curious and nervous about because I am definitely in trouble. Ha!

After church was finished, I ran by the grocery store then went to the movies. I had a free ticket so I decided to use it and see "Jersey Boys". I have to admit I was disappointed. I liked the story and it was a "good" movie, but it was a bit boring. Maybe I felt this way because I do not appreciate "The Four Seasons" like someone who was a die hard fan.


I was off of work today since I am working summer hours-- three day weekend and four 10-hour work days throughout the week. When I woke up this morning, I was the sorest I have been in months. I never want to go a month without hiking again; my legs are paying for it.

I pushed myself to clean my apartment then I laid out by the pool all afternoon. Today was actually the first pool day I have had all summer. Now I can't wait to have more. It was so much fun. I made a delicious cocktail, which I call "The Fitness Blondie Cu-Come On Over Summer Cocktail". It is 1 1/2 shots of Skinnygirl cucumber vodka, fresh sliced cucumber, 1/4 cup of lemon seltzer water, a dash of lime juice, ice and then blended together! It's refreshing, light, and keeps you hydrated. I sipped on my drink, read on my Kindle, played in the pool, got some good sun, and made a new girlfriend. (Hi Alyssa, can't wait to hang out more girl!)



The Hump Day blog hop will be back Wednesday along with the magazine giveaway winners, plus my Weekly Training and Nutrition Plan. Thanks for sticking with me through this time guys!

Try Quest Protein Bars!

31 comments

  1. I am glad you are feeling back to your old self. I was a bit worried about you with a couple of your last posts. I am glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your back and in higher spirits. Those ruts we all get ourselves into are never worth the trouble they cause. Let it go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I am so glad that you are feeling a little more like yourself!!! We all get down from time to time but we can't let that hold us back!

    That olive oil store you went to with your grandmother sounds awesome!!!

    I think my friend Lauren who moved to Charlotte goes to that Church! I always see her posting stuff about her small group or something on Facebook. Sometimes you need a little spiritual lift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Elevation church. I used to live in VA and visited a couple times. Now I live back in Alaska so that's not an option. haha I definitely understand just deciding to be happy. I went through a bad time with a guy a few months ago and I was so hurt and lonely and sad. It's the worst feeling. But deciding to be happy is a daily thing and it really helps to keep the pain away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear you're feeling in better spirits! Your cucumber cocktail sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not religious at all but I can definitely see how it would be more enjoyable when you're older. When you're a kid, you're basically being dragged there. When you're older you can find what's actually a good fit for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better! Hiking always gives me peace. You are going to be in trouble the with DeathtoSelfie seminar!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you are back! I needed you and your motivation! I love the cocktail and will have to try it. Happy Monday to you and again I am happy to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiking was my coping mechanism of choice when I was broken hearted. It really does soothe the soul. Happy to see you have pulled through the last few weeks :) keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better hun! Looks like a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so proud of you, Liz Muffin!! You are beating your bad days by good old hard work and believing in yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! I am so happy you are back. (I'm back too..technically I've been here but blogger was sassy and didn't post my 3 posts I had scheduled for last week. boo) And I'm glad you got to take some time away and visit your grandmother. All of your pictures make me jealous. I wish California looked like that. LOL I seriously want to move too the south/east coast. I should have moved to North Carolina for school when I had the chance. Lame Sauce.

    Happy Monday!
    I hope your week is a good one!!

    -Ashlee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy you are getting back to being happy! I love all of your posts so I am looking forward to seeing more of them! Your weekend sounds so productive, I am jealous! Lol I couldn't seem to get anything done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so great! Glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. welcome back! oh that sucks you didnt love Jersey Boys - I saw it on stage and it was so freaking amazing, and I was never a die hard fan and my husband and I were easily the youngest people by 30 years lol. I've heard the movie is not as good, less singing. The show on stage was fabulous. Loved it. Anywho, that hike?! damn girl! way to go xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Steven Furtick! I listen to his podcasts often, he has spoken at our church a little with our pastor, Craig Groeschel. I think I have missed out on a few things lately after being on vacation and playing catch up. Sorry you've been through a rough patch girl, but glad to hear you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. :)
    There you are... There is that light!
    I knew you'd find it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look amazing and I'm so glad you are starting to feel better, keep doing what makes you happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you're feeling like yourself again and the pics from your hike are beautiful!
    Congrats on getting over your plateau also SO PROUD OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the olive oil store concept!

    I'm glad you had a great weekend with a lot of stuff you love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to see you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yay glad you're back!! That hike looks incredible! And yay for church, I always feel better after I go too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you are feeling better and are back! Definitely love your blog and look forward to reading it each and every week! Keep up your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! Glad to see you back in the swing of things. Amazing how a shift in mind frame/mind set can make amazing changes. Add to it a great day at church and it seems like the spirits and mood can be tremendously lifted!

    Your hiking area is absolutely gorgeous but it is just way too hot for that here. People have heat stroke and other crazy heat related things so I would only do it in the northern part of the state where it's MUCH cooler.

    Yay for new friends!! and pool time :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love you.

    Glad you are back!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay, I'm glad you're back and feeling better. You have the most gorgeous eyes. That drink looks delicious, and I'll have to try it out for sure. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay! I'm so glad you're back and feeling better! I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay for a wonderful weekend! You absolutely deserve it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The pool looks so beautiful! Glad you had a better weekend and a "snap out of it" kind of moment! You definitely deserve to be happy! Your hike looks beautiful too! :) I've never heard of a vinegar and oil store! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is never wrong to vent or write about the downs in life - sometimes it can be really cathartic and empowering when you look back after a ton of great days/weeks to see how far you've come.
    It looks like you're taking a ton of steps for YOU, which is amazing. I'm so proud of you for putting yourself first, being so healthy, and writing/being so open about your struggles! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com