# # POST TITLE HERE

My Weekly Nutrition and Training Plan

February 18, 2014


The below nutrition plan is what I eat Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday during the day I still eat clean but will eat whatever is left over or what I have around my apartment. Saturday and Sunday's for dinner are when I have my "treat" meals. I switch up my eating every week. I plan the week before what I want to have for meals, make the grocery list, and prep the food on Sunday's. A lot of times people will ask me if I get bored eating the same thing everyday. The answer is no. It is only 5 days a week that I eat the same thing. I eat to live - not live to eat. It took me a long time to come to that.  I also do this to save money. I live alone so I can't really cook tons of different things during the week because it's too expensive and will go bad. There are also ways you can switch up your eating day to day. Like my Quest Bars for instance; I eat a different flavor everyday, same with my yogurt. 

Also, here is a progress picture I took last week. It's not a huge difference, but I am seeing some changes in my upper body muscles!


Total down (since 11/25/13): 30.7 pounds!

Meal 1 (7:15 AM)
Chocolate, banana, and spinach protein shake




Meal 2 (10:30 AM)
Quest Protein Bar (the flavor varies day to day) and a large apple


Meal 3 (1:15 PM)5 MorningStar Vegetarian chik'n nuggets with a side of edamame 



Meal 4 (4 PM) - [Pre-workout]
Chocolate oatmeal. 1/4 cup plain oats with two tablespoons of chocolate PB2 cooked in Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, and topped with plain walnuts. 


Gym: 5-6:15(30)

Meal 5 (7 PM)
Half of a Quest Bar (the flavor varies day to day) with 1 tablespoon of chocolate PB2. This is actually a very small snack, it's enlarged for picture quality. However, don't judge the snack by the size - this is 11g of protein!


Meal 6 (8:30 PM)
Healthy nachos. Sweet potato tortilla chips (10-13 chips max) topped with extra lean ground turkey/mushrooms/black beams that were cooked via stove top with low sodium taco seasoning, low fat shredded mozzarella, and a hint of plain Greek yogurt mixed with water for the topping. I keep the turkey/bean/mushroom mix in a big tupperware to container and prepare the nachos per serving. I place the chips on a cookie sheet, top it with the mix and cheese, then bake at 350 for 15 minutes in the oven.  


Bed time: 11 PM
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Sunday: (Legs) - done! (659 calories burned)
-25 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline is switched between 1, 9, and 20. Resistance is switched between 9 and 10)
-Leg Workout:
   -Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
   - Leg Extension (3 x 15, 50 pounds)
   - Leg Curl (3 x 15, 110 pounds)
   - Leg Press (3 x 15, 270 pounds)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline, 9 and Resistance, 9)
-Hard, long Stretch

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: (Core)
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (A mild HIIT: Level is switch between the highest which is 20 and level 5 for my rest. Work is 1 minute, rest is two minutes)
- 4 sets of 30 second planks
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  20 elevated leg crunches
-20 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)

Wednesday: (Weights)
-30 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline is switched between 1, 9, and 20. Resistance is switched between 9 and 10)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
*It is hard for me to list the exercises I do for my weight circuit. The gym is so crowded when I go that I almost always have to improvise when I left weights. It depends on what is free at the time to be used.
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9, Resistance 9)

Thursday: (Plyometic Full Body)
Last week I wrote about my "at home" workout that I created since I was snowed in for two days and could not go to the gym. I call this "The Hot Mess Express". I was incredibly sore for days after this work out, so I decided to do it once a week because it was so hard. My heart rate was through the roof and it worked every muscle in my body. My shoulders, abs, and thighs were the most sore. It is a little difficult to explain, but I will try my best. I hope to do a full blog entry and YouTube video for this soon. It truly is AWESOME.

I created a playlist on my Iphone that is an hour and 10 minutes of upbeat pop and rap songs and I blast that on my blue-tooth speaker while I exercise. It's about 12 songs, so I do 12 different routines. I repeat the routine for the entire song then switch.

Below are different routines I do during a song. I repeat the exercises for the entire song then I will move onto the next routine:

-Mini suicides runs:
-Kickboxing cardio routines (I have 3-4 different routines for this. I do not know the names of the exercises so that is why I am not listing that out right now)
-10 Jumpsquats, run in place, then 10 jumping jacks
-10 regular jumping jacks, 10 scissor jumping jacks, jog around the living room
-10 pushups, jog down the hallway, walking lunges back to the living room
-20 burpees, 10 high kicks
-10 pushups, jog around the couch, 10 jumpjacks

Friday: (Weights)
-25 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline is switched between 1, 9, and 20. Resistance is switched between 9 and 10)
-Weight Circuit
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
*It is hard for me to list the exercises I do for my weight circuit. The gym is so crowded when I go that I almost always have to improvise when I left weights. It depends on what is free at the time to be used.
-15 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)

Saturday: (Weights)
-25 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline is switched between 1, 9, and 20. Resistance is switched between 9 and 10)
-Weight Circuit
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
*It is hard for me to list the exercises I do for my weight circuit. The gym is so crowded when I go that I almost always have to improvise when I left weights. It depends on what is free at the time to be used.
-15 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 2 minute walk on a speed of 3.2 MPH with an incline of 12 [the highest is 15] Rest: 1 minute walk at 0 incline and a 3.4 MPH speed. Alternate)
Image Map

15 comments

  1. I was just working on a post with the black bean, corn & spice mixture. I'm loving it on salads lately. I know that you eat the same thing all week to keep yourself on track but do you ever switch things around sometimes like use rice or salad instead of nachos one day? I would get so bored so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like the Rasberry Quest bars? I tried a few for the first time last week. I loved the chocolate chip cookie dough and the chocolate peanut butter ones but didn't care for the lemon one. I really want to try the cookies and cream but my GNC didn't have them. What other ones do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that food is making me hungry especially the nachos. The Hot Mess Express workout looks great and burns a lot! You are kicking butt girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nachos sound so yummy! You're inspiring me to step out of my cardio comfort zone and try other things at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u rock girl!!! everything looks so yummy!!! eating healthy can really be delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your meals look great - love that you eat something every few hours. I get hungry in between meals so snacks are key. and I love those Morningstar chicken nuggets! I often have those with my lunch too.
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!!! Do you like the spinach Smoothie? I've never tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to follow some of your workouts and meals. I so desperately need to do something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the at-home full body workout! I'm going to try that one at home this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. quest bars must be super popular because i went to 2 stores and they were sold out!!! great job; keep it up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these posts each week! i've gotten a lot of good ideas from them.
    side note - where did you buy your blender bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to post your meals for everyone to see.
    GoGo Girl Fit Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing progress! I am pinning this for others to see!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off, you're beautiful. Glad you posted your weekly meal & training. Planning meals ahead of time is effective strategy for losing weight and sticking to diet plan. This also save time and money. Awesome progress, keep posting!

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fantastic! I recently started a "Shaping Up For Summer" link-up, which will run every Saturday through May, and I would LOVE it if you wanted to link up your fitness posts. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com