Orange chicken is one of my absolute favorite Chinese dishes to eat. One day, the idea to make it in a healthier way hit me like a ton of bricks when I was in the grocery store and saw sugar free orange marmalade. I make this recipe via crockpot. It is simple, and I really like the taste.
- 1 pound of fresh chicken breast
- 1 cup of Walden Farm's (calorie free) BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup honey BBQ sauce
- 1 cup sugar free orange marmalade
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Couple dashes of ginger seasoning
What you do:
- Cut chicken into small pieces
- Place in crockpot and add all other ingredients
- Stir to thoroughly combine
- Place ingredients in a tupperware container
- Stir to throughly combine
- Let marinate over night
- When ready to cook, place all ingredients in crockpot on high for 3-5 hours depending up on size and quantity.
- Serve over a bed of brown rice or lo mein!
Super easy and super delicious. It's something different, too!
This will vary based on different ingredients and specific brands used; this is to be used as a generic guide only.