# # POST TITLE HERE

Relaxing but Productive Weekend Shannies

September 15, 2013

It was a lovely but relaxing weekend. Definitely a lot slower than the fun filled weekends we have had lately. I suppose every once in a while we need to slow down though, right? Especially since Marq is in show prep - only 6 more weeks until we are a normal couple again! This blog entry is pretty much just random tidbit's and lots of pictures about nothing.

Friday, when the work day was done, per usual, I hit the gym for some good cardio and yoga. My body needed that yoga too. Stretching is essential when you work out regularly. After, I got some goodies at Ulta:


I received an awesome free gift from Lancome for my powder purchase!


Friday night Marquis and I saw "Insidious 2". It was really good and SO scary. I am a horror movie junkie, and I definitely recommend you see it if you are into that like I am!

What better way to see a movie than tickets for a free drink and popcorn?! Score!

Saturday morning I was up bright and early. Marquis and I both had different errands to run so we left the house and went our separate ways around 9 AM. I was off to get my awful roots colored and a hair cut then I went to the mall to find new gym shoes. I got a killer deal on two pairs of Nike shoes. I was so excited. They definitely added a "pep to my step" and I was ready to go to the gym to try my pink pair out.

That did the trick. I had a great work out. After the gym I had a few more errands to run then it was finally time to go home. When I got home I cleaned up a bit then decided to take a bubble bath. Marquis arrived home from training around 7PM and was exhausted. Thus we decided to stay in. 

I gave myself a home pedicure



and then we picked up a pizza and "Cloud Atlas" from Redbox. The pizza was delicious but we only lasted 10 minutes into "Cloud Atlas". It was awful.


This morning Marquis and I were woken up by Marty. He decided to turn into crack head mode and had us up at 5:30. He was running around all over the place, meowing, scratching the bed... I don't know what was wrong with him. Around 7:30 we were tired of it, so we decided to go ahead and get the day started. Marq took me to "Dunkin Donuts" for the first time; I have never been! We had coffee and a Pumpkin Spice muffin. After breakfast we went to get groceries, Wal-Mart, and a local produce stand.


I have a slight addiction to squash!
New litter box for Marty. He makes a horrendous mess with the his regular one so we decided to try out this new kind on the market. It uses pellets instead of regular litter. I hope it isn't a waste of money!
Tonight we are grilling steak and squash, and watching "Now You See Me"


How was your weekend?

25 comments

  1. Jude and I watched now you see me Friday night! I was surprised because I actually liked it! Sounds like a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new workout shoes! We had a very relaxing weekend compared to the last 2 and next 1; it was much needed. I got a lot of things done around the house, sewed some projects, and we took the dogs on a nice long, hike. Glad you had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pedicure is SO cute! I can't go into Ulta without dropping enough money to fun a college student's freshman year. So I stay away, but your post makes me wanna go back!

    Have a great week, love.

    XOXO Fal
    Falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot wait to see insidious 2! i'm a horror movie junkie too!!
    i can't believe you've never been to dunkins before omg. i grew up with it and now i miss it sooooo much everyday! when i go home i get it a few times each day i'm there haha. the little hashbrowns are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute color on your toes! Red is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ulta too, but I really have to stay out of it, or I will be completely broke in like 2.2 seconds. Way to score on the deals though! Also, I LOVE your new shoes. I am starting to look seriously for some new shoes for working out and running, because mine are two years old and I'm sure contributing to how badly my feet and back are always hurting.. What style are the ones you got?

    Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your pink new tennis shoes!!! I really want to watch Insidious 2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everybody's all like cute shoes, ulta woo hoo, and I'm like damn I want to go by Dunkin Donuts now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you got deals all over the place! Love the new sneaks! Can't believe you have never been to Dunkin?! Now you See Me was such a good movie. Glad you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As your Asian friend, I think I should be giving you your pedicures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am LOVING those pink sneakers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVe fun new beauty products and those pink sneakers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new pink sneakers are the cutest!

    I can't believe you had never been to DD before! Their pumpkin donuts in the fall are heavenly.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun weekend~!!! i soooo need those shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pumpkin spice muffin looks so good. And your new pink sneakers are so cute. I just got some running sneakers this wknd so I'm hoping the blisters on my toes go away now that I have a good pair.
    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I love Ulta! Looks like you guys had a nice, relaxing weekend! We recently just got a new litter box for our cats that rotates and self-cleans. Worth every penny, if you ask me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want an update on the litter box! My cat hates change so I think he would lose his mind but it is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the shoes! it's always great to get new workout gear

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  19. yay for free products! I love those shoes!!!


    I too love squash...I want to hear more about this little box...with 2 cats it can get stinky no matter how much you clean

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want those shoes!! Definitely thinking about investing in some REAL workout gear now that I've actually decided to make it a lifestyle change instead of just a "I wanna lose a couple pounds for [insert event here]". Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have you tried spaghetti squash? It's just as addicting!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. your weekend looks amazing!! Love the new gym shoes!!

    you will def have to let me know how that cat box works out for you??

    Happy Tuesday Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Trips to Ulta are my favorite! I am loving your new pink Nikes...so cute!! I need some new work out shoes, mine hurt my feet! I hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your new shoes, especially the pink ones! I really want to see Insidious 2! I thought the first one was pretty good, and this one looks scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com