# # POST TITLE HERE

Weekend Recap: My 50 y/o Mother's 1st Tattoo & Cucumber Vodka

December 15, 2013

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was great, but definitely did not go as planned. Initially I had a couple of friends coming down from New England to stay the weekend with me. But thanks to the north getting a freaking snow storm, that was cancelled. It completely sucked, but oh well. Next, my good friend and co-worker Karen made plans for a girl's day with me Saturday then a movie Sunday. However, her son ended up getting in big trouble at school. In her words "he is grounded for life" thus she has so stay home with him all weekend to "supervise". Another bummer, but I made the best of it!

First off, how amazing is this month's Ipsy bag? I received mine Thursday night. It has to be my favorite yet! I love everything in it. If you don't know about it, it is a monthly makeup bag that you receive via mail for only $10 a month. You get a makeup bag each month along with 4-5 beauty products. It is amazing. If you want to join, please use my link; just click here!


Friday morning when I was getting ready for work, I could not wait to try my new products. I used the grey eye shadow from Pop Beauty and the lipstick from NYX. I am beyond in love with the color of this lipstick! It is a cross between brown and purple and it is absolutely beautiful. I am about to use the polish now to do my nails. 


Friday I worked all day as usual then when 5 o'clock finally came, I hit the gym with my best friend Kelly. We did 45 minutes of cardio and our ab routine. By the time we finished, I felt pretty tired. I usually am on Friday's after the week. I bought "Revenge" season 2 DVD (My favorite show ever) at Target on my lunch hour so I decided to watch that while I did things around my apartment. My washer and dryer were finally installed Friday afternoon as well. I had TONS of laundry to do - three loads to be exact, ugh!


Meanwhile, my freaking 50 year old mother and new grandmother was out getting her first tattoo! I could not believe it! Here I am "being a good girl" on a Friday night and my MOTHER is out getting a tattoo!


I still do not know how I feel about this. I mean, it's weird. I have tattoo but I was 18 when I got it and it is easily covered and hardly ever seen. Her's is on her forearm. I find it hilarious, but weird nonetheless. She is already talking about another one and I told her absolutely no way. She has to listen to me, too. Now that I am older, our roles have reversed quite a bit, ha.

The tattoo is in honor of her battle with MS.

Saturday morning looked a little bit like this:


It was so rainy and so gloomy so I decided to fold the mountain of laundry and run my Saturday errands. Groceries, Target, GNC, and Ulta. Except I forgot my Ulta coupons so I had to go today. Target has the cutest sweaters on sale for $15 bucks too! Later that afternoon I pushed myself at the gym. It was a hard work out. The weather was awful and I just wanted to stay cuddled at home. But I didn't! I did 40 minutes of cardio and an upper body weight circuit.

Then it was time to get ready for a night out!


My friend Alexis and I started out at this new spot in my neighborhood of Charlotte called "Bradshaw's Social House". We had dinner and cocktails and enjoyed life music. After we were there a while a few of my friends decided to join us!

I sipped on a on a drink called the "Caroleena". It is SkinnyGirl Cucumber Vodka and tonic water. I know it sounds kind of weird, but it was surprisingly delicious and light.


After Bradshaw's we went to my favorite place to dance; Cosmos. It is in the same strip as Bradshaw's so that was convenient. I even ran into the girls who work at the office of my apartment complex and danced with them! It was so random, but so fun.

This morning I slept in until 10:30. Ugh! I never sleep that late. But I did not go to sleep until after 3 AM so I needed it. When I woke up, I hit the ground running. I cleaned my apartment top to bottom then went out to run errands.

I was on a mission to find the perfect centerpieces to dress up my dining room table. My chairs were supposed to arrive Friday, but in true Liz fashion they're late. Since I am a "diva on a budget" I hit up Ross and Dollar tree to complete the look for dining room table.

I am super happy with how it turned out. Everything on my table, combined, was $35!


All of the candle holders in the center, plates, napkins, and napkin holders are from Ross and the tea candles and place mats are from Dollar Tree!

After spending over an hour of hunting, comparing, and figuring out what I wanted, I was finally finished. I went to the gym after. I am so thankful tomorrow is my rest day because my body is so tired. I only did 40 minutes of cardio today. It was supposed to be leg day, but my body is too sore.

I refueled with my favorite salad ever after the gym. It's the "steak and bleu cheese" salad from Panera. Yum!


The rest of my evening has been spent prepping food and getting things organized for the week that is about to ensure. I will say though, this upcoming week is the last 5 day work week for 2 weeks. That is something to be celebrate!

Who else is SO excited for the "Revenge" mid-season finale tonight?! I cannot wait to see how this wedding goes down!

I hope you guys had a great weekend!
Image Map

16 comments

  1. oh my goodness YOU are stunning. What a fun little weekend. I am obsessed with Revenge- can't wait to watch the episode tonight. Def going to start following you via GFC and Instagram. So glad you left a comment so I could come across your darling blog!

    Karissa
    www.karissaandcompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful!! I love the lip color.. & the table is amazing!! I love the dollar store.. They have some good decor!!

    Have a fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be subscribed to Ispy but the bags were getting not worth it and of course they are AWESOME. I may have to re-join

    love the centerpiece!!!!

    have an amazing week girlfriend!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that NYX lipstick, such a great color! Looks like you stayed busy. I am finally getting an Ipsy bag in January, can't wait. Love the centerpiece! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank tattoo is ridiculous - good for your mom and that drink sounds great!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. That make up looks beautiful on you! I wish I could do my makeup-specifically eyeshadow -much better than I can. I'm a huge fan of panera and that salad looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I will be watching Revenge tonight after work! I cant wait to see what happens :) I have never tried the steak salad from Panera, but your picture looks amazing and now I am craving one.

    Love the budget friendly décor you scored! Nothing better than getting an amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the look you rocked Friday! Definitely brought out your natural beauty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to check out that show revenge now!!! LOVE that pic of you, well both of them actually. You are gorgeous girlfriend!!!! LOVE the table center piece too!! I just went to dollar tree today to get some for mine and got some flanel Christmas sheets (plaid) at target for the bedroom, with a nice winter febreeze plug in too. I am trying to make the bedroom cozy, plus its always so cold at night!! Have a great week girl, keep us updated, you totally motivate me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Cucumber Vodka sounds awesome! And I LOVE getting decorating inspiration from you <3

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this post. Let me be part of your life?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh can't believe your mom got her first tattoo at 50. that is a little random and a little awesome haha. love it.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy weekend, lovely girl! I am loving your mom's tattoo. You know I suffer from lupus, so I always love me a good awareness tattoo. I bet she looks badass!

    I joined a gym yesterday, just reading yours blogs is enough to get my ass in gear. I just want to return to what I looked like pre-prednisone. 50 extra pounds on my tiny little frame is painful.
    Cucumber vodka and tonic sounds delish!, refreshing! Your table looks fabulous!
    Thanks for linking up, love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so funny about your mom's tattoo, especially that you are not sure how you feel about it. :) But I think that is a great tangible way for her to remember the battle she is going through. And I have to agree LOVE that new lipstick color. I am so glad im not the only one obsessed with makeup...lol.

    Maria @ The Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those lashes! Demi whispies? My fav!

    You are so pretty!

    I'm having a weekend recap linkup on my blog:

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  16. The lipstick is fantastic!! What a great color. I am not great with decorating but I can still appreciate a beautiful dining table setting :)

    My mom got her first tattoo, I believe her late 30s, and it was a little heart on her shoulder. She could barely stand the outline and kept telling the artist to stop. He said no way, you will hate having a partial tattoo. LOL. Your mom's is pretty big for her first one and I am surprised that is on her forearm.

    I am a fan of tattoos and especially overcoming MS so good for her!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com