# # POST TITLE HERE

Easy, No Bake Protein Bites!

September 14, 2014


A couple of years ago, I used to make "protein bites" as a go-to snack for energy and fullness. These are perfect for a pre-workout; a little goes a long way. They may look small, but they are extremely filling. The recipe is simple, and best of all; no baking!


What you need:

  • 1 cup of healthy oats
  • 1 scoop of protein powder (your choice, I use Cellucor Whey, S'mores flavor)
  • 2 tablespoons of natural, organic almond butter (healthier than peanut butter, but you can use that if that is what you have)
  • 1 tablespoon of natural, pure honey
  • Optional: dash of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (if you find the mix is a little too hard to stir. Using a natural nut butter helps because natural oils are still included.)
What you do:

1.) Mix all items in a medium to large sized mixing bowl



2.) Stir the mixture until smooth, thick, and well blended.


3.) Form into balls; I made mine medium to large; you can make yours smaller or larger if you want. This part gets messy! Ensure your hands are clean before mixing.


4.) Place the bites into the refrigerator for 2-4 hours before consuming. Keep chilled and only remove them when you are ready to eat. If you are short on time when you make them, you can place them in the freezer for an hour before consuming; however, I would not recommend leaving them in there.

11 comments

  1. MAKING THESE fo' sho'! By the way... I'm just noticing your new button over there >... PRETTY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so delicious!!! oats, honey, and pb are my go to snacks when im backstage at a competition. ive never thought of mixing them all together though!
    www.barbells-and-bikinis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! This sounds so good, and no bake is my kind of snack!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good!!! I need some new healthy snacks, I get burnt out on the same stuff all the time!

    Also, I love how most everything you used was Target brands haha you grocery shop like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are suckers for no bakes! John has made protein bites before, but I can't remember how we liked them. Must not have been that much because he never made them again. We will have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just became my new best friend with this recipe! I love these things but haven't found a simple enough recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.. I can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. making..TONIGHT. I need any new way to get my protein in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I love protein bites, they are perfect post-workout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com