# # POST TITLE HERE

The Perfect Healthy Summer Recipe!

May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day! I am on a little 4-day hiatus enjoying the long weekend with my family, so I thought it would be a great time for a blog friend of mine share a delicious yet healthy recipe. This is perfect for all of the upcoming summer cookouts we all enjoy! 

Hi, everyone my name is Jessica and I blog over at SweetLove & Ginger. First of all I want to say thank you so much to Liz for letting me guest post for her while she’s away. It is really a great honor.


My blog is mainly about food, but I like to intermix a bit about myself, my life, hobbies, and my own fitness journey as well. One of my main focuses is maintaining a healthy balanced diet founded in clean eating. I don’t think that eating clean should be a chore, but something to be embraced as a lifestyle. I know it’s not easy for a lot of people but it doesn't have to be as hard as a lot of us think it is. I try to share this idea by simply sharing recipes that are usually easy and always flavorful and satisfying. All the thing that we are looking for right?

Today I want to share with you one of my favorite clean eating recipes. I love to make this up in the beginning of the week so I have an easy, satisfying lunch to grab on my way out the door. It’s also been a big favorite at parties and gatherings, even non clean eaters say it’s great!


Clean Tuna & Pasta Salad
1 cup tri-color brown rice rotini pasta
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 (12 oz) can of BPA-free, unsalted canned tuna in water
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup diced red, or yellow pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
½ cup loosely packed basil leave, diced
½ cup loosely packed parsley, diced
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper, and set aside. In a large bowl toss all other ingredients together including pasta. Drizzle dressing over the top and serve. (Serves 4)


To make this a complete meal on its own I like to serve it onto of a bed of mixed baby greens, spinach or topped with some fresh alfalfa sprouts. It a super versatile dish that can also take the addition of just about any other vegetable, such as beans, shredded carrot, cucumber, cheese or avocado. This preparation just happens to be my absolute favorite. Hope you enjoy.

If you are looking for more clean eating recipes, meal ideas, or menus please go check out my site

Try Quest Protein Bars!