I absolutely love this recipe. It is a good mix of lean protein and complex carbohydrates so it's nutritious, enjoyable, and filling! You probably have most of the ingredients lying around your home already. It is easy too. The below recipe is for one serving.
- What you need:
- 1 and a half baby red potatoes
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of turkey bacon bits
- 1/4 of low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of low fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek Yogurt (optional)
- What to do:
- 1) Place chicken breast in skillet (nonstick spray first)to cook via stovetop. Cook as you normally would, however, I would recommend leaving it just a tad undone as it will finish cooking in the oven after. I let my chicken breast marinate for 24 hours in balsamic vingerette then coated it with Carolina Blackened seasoning -- make it to your liking!)
While the chicken is cooking...
- 2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3) Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- 4) Cut potatoes into thin slices and top with seasoning (optional) and place on cookie sheet. (I topped my red potatoes with garlic and wine seasoning for flavor)
- 5) Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on potatoes
- 6) Cut chicken into small, shredded pieces and place on top of potatoes and shredded cheese
- 7) Sprinkle bacon pieces, feta cheese, and chives on top
- 8) Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Once the 15 minutes is finished, place your oven on the broil setting and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 9) Carefully remove cookie sheet from oven and let cool for just a minute or two, then dig in!
Optional: I like to top mine with Greek Yogurt for a very low calorie type of "dressing". Take the two tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt and mix with one tablespoon of water until it has formed a creamy texture then drizzle over potatoes.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 serving
- This will vary based on portions, brands used, recipe variations, etc.
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 11g
- Carbs: 35g
- Protein: 18g
Don't forget to enter my current giveaway!